Dark Souls 2 Pre-order 40$ (GMG)

Did they do anything for a better kb/m control system or is a controller still pretty much mandated? Never got the first one because I don't like using controllers.

It is supposed to be an actual port this time, so KB/M should work fine.

hmmm never finished the first one but it was an awesome experience with mods and xbox 360 controller

Did they do anything for a better kb/m control system or is a controller still pretty much mandated? Never got the first one because I don't like using controllers.

Supposedly KB/M is better in DS2, but I gotta say I used to share your attitude about anti-controller on PC. However Dark Souls is what kinda made me a believer in some games being better with a controller even on PC. $8 wireless receiver from Amazon and an old Xbox360 controller, and Dark Souls really took off for me.

You're missing out on an incredible experience in these Souls games if you choose to get hung up on the controller issue, I know because I almost did.

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ for 25% off possibly.

Im at work and cant test it out right now.

Nice. Even better. Comes out to 37$ for me with thr 25% off code :)

Thanks.. Got it for 27$.. I had a 10$ gmg credit :D

25% off code worked. I was totally going to buy this at full price on steam the other day. Glad I waited.

J4XXU2-JTFTLL-8ENDXZ for 25% off possibly.

Im at work and cant test it out right now.

Worked for me, too. Thanks for the heads-up!

Even though KB/M may be better supported - you really are doing yourself a diservice by not getting into the game controller for it (an dyou missed out on one of the best games in DS1 without it)
++
kb/m was definitely the inferior control scheme for Dark Souls, and likely will be again in DS2. Use a controller or Prepare to Die MOAR.

Last edited:

I bought a brand new Xbox controller just to play DS1. Totally worth it! DS1 is one of my top 3 games of all time (Diablo2 and Half-Life2 being the others).

If you don't have a controller you can get the PDP Rock Candy Xbox controllers for like $20/$25 and they work great on this and and other PC game I've played.

Also if you want to see how nice it looks running on PC compared to console here's an uncompressed video in 1080p@60FPS
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_dark_souls_ii_durante_pc_video-31943_en.html

Also load times are far better. Can do 2-3 bonfire loads on PC while console barely does 1 in the same time.

Hate you op, could not resist :( The game is great so far, it's basically a refreshed ds1 in a new world. The port aint terrible tough as it is xbox based (but I dont care since I play with a controller, only fouls do not with this game!). I was amazed by the number of signs and people I crossed, much more populated than ds1 for now. There still is not a ton of information on weapons or secrets online so it makes it kind of fun to discover. I was a bit disapointed at graphics since it did not really change from the last game (except maybe for the landscape) but that was to expect from a ps3 game. Other than that it is a lot of fun. I managed to play 4 hours without dying (until that archer hit me while I was jumping over a ravine...) but it may be because I had a lot of experience with the previous game and not necessarily because it is easier.

For those that did not get it with the pre order discounts check your Amazon accounts.

I scored it today on Amazon, used $5 gift card from Bing points and also had a $5 gaming credit still on my Amazon account that I forgot about, total was $39.99.

Downloading now. Cheers!:D

Back