Facebook Attempted Murder Charge of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Did you say something bad about someone on Facebook? That's a stabbin'.

"He indicated to his father that the 14-year-old tried to approach him at school to confront him regarding the Facebook post," said Twis Lizasuain of the Osceola County Sheriff's Office. "He ignored him the majority of the day, when he was walking home, that's when the 14-year-old confronted him."

Gah...why did I read the comments on that page? I think I damaged some brain cells looking at them...

My. [H] has become tame. When was the last time someone got stabbed over something posted in GenMay? :)

I'm surprised this is even considered news since its so commonplace. Its part of the urban culture now that if anyone is disrespecting you in any way, you have an obligation to attack them physically... bonus points if its a cheap shot. That the "diss" was on facebook is just incidental. The kids get blasted with the same idolized image day in and day out from their music and role models to be "gangsta", and 3/4s of the time there's no working dad at home to emulate instead, so what do they expect?

BV6kv2nCQAAa4GR.jpg

I'm surprised this is even considered news since its so commonplace. Its part of the urban culture now that if anyone is disrespecting you in any way, you have an obligation to attack them physically... bonus points if its a cheap shot. That the "diss" was on facebook is just incidental. The kids get blasted with the same idolized image day in and day out from their music and role models to be "gangsta", and 3/4s of the time there's no working dad at home to emulate instead, so what do they expect?
100% truth! But its racist to think all kids should have a father. That works. Is straight. Doesn't have 7 other kids from 5 different women. Doesn't drink non stop.

My. [H] has become tame. When was the last time someone got stabbed over something posted in GenMay? :)

It happens every day, you just don't hear about it. Facebook stabbings are tragedies, GenMay stabbings are statistics.

Without saying what the post was, this is useless. Maybe that other kid was a douche.

It was probably a disagreement over the new Kanye or Katy Perry song.

I like how on the message board for that it turned into a race issue, as usual.... so stupid.

I like how on the message board for that it turned into a race issue, as usual.... so stupid.

When the vast majority of the cases involve one particular race....people make correlations. And someone is always there to call them racist.

The "problem" will never be fixed if society doesn't admit there is one. Clearly the solutions out there today aren't getting through to the ____ community, so the focus should be shifted in a way that it does. Giving them handouts and being apologetic of everything wrong they're doing isn't working. Its time for a different solution. I don't have one, mind you, but clearly the current one isn't the right one.

What I gathered from the story.

1. There was a 14 and a 16 year old in a 6th to 8th grade school. (I wonder what grades they were in. The 16 year old should be in 10th or 11th grade, and the 14 year old should be in 8th or 9th grade.)

2. Both of them are stupid

3. Facebook is getting stupider by the minute.

Why is this story [H]? Ah, because it started with FB. Otherwise it has nothing to do with this community.

Why is this story [H]? Ah, because it started with FB. Otherwise it has nothing to do with this community.

I thought mentioning stories in that at least one of the subjects should be awarded the "Darwin Award" is an integral part of this "community".

Seems to me that both people in this story should get it, so it seems like it was worth mentioning.

I've pretty much walked away from facebook. It's basically a giant holding place for people with serious mental issues. I don't need that kind of grief to be honest.

Video games have had a long enough run. Looks like Facebook is the new scapegoat to be blamed for violent behavior.

^ If you find yourself harboring perspectives that overlap the above, you are doing yourself a disservice.
What has happened to these forums...

And really.. A 16 year old in middle school? He's been held back at least twice depending on if he was born at the start or the end of the year. So, if a 14 year old was trying to confront him over something he said on Facebook the 16 year old either brought the knife to school or ran home and came back with a knife, either way, he took a weapon with him with the intent of harming the 14 year old.

The real tragedy here?
If this was a black on black crime not able to be sensationalized by the media, this is probably all we'll ever hear. Facebook will be blamed instead of shitty parenting of shitty kids and a shitty educational system because no one is at fault for their own actions or actions of their children anymore. No one will ever even ask if the children had permission to have Facebook accounts or if their child's account was even being monitored for signs of trouble.
God bless the American media.

Back