Professor Suspended For Posting Pic Of Daughter Wearing Game Of Thrones Shirt

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apparently posting a picture of your daughter online wearing a Game of Thrones t-shirt will get you suspended without pay at Bergen Community College in New Jersey.

The professor said he asked why the photo had set off such a reaction, and that the security official said that “fire” could be a kind of proxy for “AK-47s.” Despite Schmidt’s explanation, he was notified via email later in the week that he was being placed on leave without pay, effectively immediately, and that he would have to be cleared by a psychiatrist before he returned to campus.

the security official said that “fire” could be a kind of proxy for “AK-47s.”

THAT person is the one who needed to be fired. Immediately.

"a kind of proxy for AK-47s"? Seriously? In a fantasy world? Methinks the professor ticked off the wrong person...

Someday people will wake up and put a stop to this kind of nonsense.

Dear God, I hope he's not letting his preteen daughter watch "Game of Thrones".

Also make sure not to wear a Nike shirt, since the logo looks like a knife and it might mean you're going to stab someone.

Sad part is though I can see where the person is coming from, we live in a world of crazies and that makes people afraid of almost everything.

no, proxy for a dick thread. cause, the writer likes to write about it.

I only read half the article and it just seems the board has it out for her. The t-shirt shenanigan is just an excuse. The previous president was fired too. Perhaps it's a case of when a president becomes too popular (c'mon, Games of Throne is pretty popular and this stunt would earn her cool points with the students), the senate votes them out in fears of their "powers" diminishing.

I don't know this president's history, nor the history of the previous, but I do wish someone would fire Mitch Daniels from Purdue University's presidency already. I don't need that jackass dragging the university down.

Simple lesson learned: Don't be such an attention whore to post pics of every stupid shit in your life online and you won't run into any issues.

It's infered in the article that the big picture of the story is faculty vs. administration squables. Not sure who's more to blame but it such a waste because the students lose in the end. :-(

Maybe the security guard should have consulted a psychiatrist before they made up this nonsense and smeared the name of a professor.

Seriously, if you are living under such a rock that you can't grasp a Game of Thrones T-Shirt you need help.

This is one of those rare situations where I think the professor SHOULD sue the living crap out of his employer if they don't reinstate him effective immediately and pay him damages.

I mean, this is "Dumb as a box of rocks" Stupid (with a capital S).

It's inferred in the article that the big picture of the story is faculty vs. administration squabbles. Not sure who's more to blame but it such a waste because the students lose in the end. :-(

I thought you would understand by now;

MV5BMTk2NDQ4Njg5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg5MzMzMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

"And the students?"

"Yes the students. Of course it's not personal. It's just good business."

holy fuck

the security official said that “fire” could be a kind of proxy for “AK-47s.”
THIS guy needs the psychiatric treatment.

I lack words to describe the stupidity of this situation.

Simple lesson learned: Don't be such an attention whore to post pics of every stupid shit in your life online and you won't run into any issues.

Lesson failed. People should not have to sacrifice their First-Amendment guaranteed right to freedom of speech because of half-witted paranoid administrators with an axe to grind.

Lesson failed. People should not have to sacrifice their First-Amendment guaranteed right to freedom of speech because of half-witted paranoid administrators with an axe to grind.

Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee your employment. But this isn't freedom of speech. This is pure idiocy; someone said "Fire" in context of a book quote and some idiot interprets it as AK47, somehow.

Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee your employment. But this isn't freedom of speech. This is pure idiocy; someone said "Fire" in context of a book quote and some idiot interprets it as AK47, somehow.

Maybe if you watch enough fox news, your brain too will be capable of making such miraculous leaps!

John Spartan, you are fined one credit and suspended without pay for your daughter violating the t-shirt morality statute...

This is whats wrong with the world.

The reaction.
The response.
The multi paragraph story.

Even the show itself is better than real life. Joff dies. When's the last time some evil king died IRL? (aside from jobs)

I only read half the article and it just seems the board has it out for her. The t-shirt shenanigan is just an excuse. The previous president was fired too. Perhaps it's a case of when a president becomes too popular (c'mon, Games of Throne is pretty popular and this stunt would earn her cool points with the students), the senate votes them out in fears of their "powers" diminishing.

I don't know this president's history, nor the history of the previous, but I do wish someone would fire Mitch Daniels from Purdue University's presidency already. I don't need that jackass dragging the university down.

Here's something you can try. Read the entire article and you won't make non-sensical statements like this.

Back