Google Asked to Censor Two Million Pirate Bay URLs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Two million URLs? Holy moly! :eek:

The Pirate Bay reached a dubious milestone today, as copyright holders have now asked Google to remove two million of the site's URLs from its search results. According to Google this means that between one and five percent of all Pirate Bay links are no longer discoverable in its search engine.

Because removing TPB links from Google makes things inaccessible....

Google should charge ten dollars to review the link before it is removed.

:rolleyes:

They still don't get it. Instead of trying to stop torrenting, they need to focus on making it inconveinent to torrent.

Give people cheap and easy access to the content (and I blue-ray quality). Stop with the shitty DRM, ridicululous streaming prices (needing cable etc), etc.

See spotify, it has totally changed the music industry. Shit, it has even caused Apple to consider going to a monthly fee on demand model.

They still don't get it. Instead of trying to stop torrenting, they need to focus on making it inconveinent to torrent.

Paying for something is never going to be more convenient than getting it for free.

Paying for something is never going to be more convenient than getting it for free.

Steam proved that piracy is a problem of service, no price. To get it for free you have to download the torrent, hope it's not a rick roll, avoid forum spoiler trolls, hope it's not a virus, hope the quality is up to your standards, and then have the infrastructure to view it in the medium you wish (roku, chromecast, DLNA servers, burn to disc, etc).

Or you could just pay 4 bucks and have it instantly begin streaming in 1080p on whatever device you have attached to your TV. I gladly paid for all of my streaming movies for a few years until they started screwing me with 24 hour viewing periods making it nearly impossible for me to split viewing across 2 days, which was an obvious attempt by them to get me to pay twice.

That'll work. Because I always go to Google to search for The Pirate Bay torrents. I never go to the main site.... Do they think people are like old people and search Bing for Google.com?

Even if they offer a higher quality product for a low cost, once someone downloads the better version someone will upload it and it will be available for free anyway... Some of the current models don't really work for movies (if it's released early for a cost, it's a matter of minutes before it's uploaded to TPB). Free is a good deal. I really don't know how they could pull it off and make it easy/convenient/low cost to make some people go legit... Whoever comes up with the idea that works will be either sued by the industries (most likely) or end up very rich.

:rolleyes:

Give people cheap and easy access to the content (and I blue-ray quality). Stop with the shitty DRM, ridicululous streaming prices (needing cable etc), etc.

See spotify, it has totally changed the music industry. Shit, it has even caused Apple to consider going to a monthly fee on demand model.

Which is funny because Jobs was asked time and time again if Apple was considering moving to a subscription based model and he always responded very negatively about it.

"Haw! Removing TPB links from google, we'll stamp out piracy for good!"
"But what is stopping people from just going to TPB and typing their searches in there, like everyone in the world already does?"
"........WE'RE STAMPING OUT PIRACY!!!!"

Wrong. I use usenet (because torrents are shady), and it's definately not free. But it does allow me to add my shows, automatically downloads new episodes and has them ready for me to watch within an hour or less of them airing. Oh and with no commericials. It's absolutely fantastic.

There are no paid services that even compare. I can get anything I want in HD quality, past or present. I don't have to go to hbo for 1 show, hulu for others, netflix etc, it's all in 1 spot. You show me a paid service that offers that, and I'm sold. But the content providers are still trying to hold on to their old shit business model that is only good for them and making money, not the consumer. So until they get their shit together, I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

Wrong. I use usenet (because torrents are shady), and it's definately not free. But it does allow me to add my shows, automatically downloads new episodes and has them ready for me to watch within an hour or less of them airing. Oh and with no commericials. It's absolutely fantastic.

There are no paid services that even compare. I can get anything I want in HD quality, past or present. I don't have to go to hbo for 1 show, hulu for others, netflix etc, it's all in 1 spot. You show me a paid service that offers that, and I'm sold. But the content providers are still trying to hold on to their old shit business model that is only good for them and making money, not the consumer. So until they get their shit together, I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

So you pay a monthly subscription for access to a usenet server and because that doesn't cost as much as anything on the legal side of things then it's the fault of those people.

I mean I'm sure it's quite shocking that HBO shows, and ShowTime shows, and CBS, ABC, NBC, Comedy Central and all those other channels that are owned by different entities aren't all available legally at one place that's cheaper than getting them via illegal means!

So you pay a monthly subscription for access to a usenet server and because that doesn't cost as much as anything on the legal side of things then it's the fault of those people.

I mean I'm sure it's quite shocking that HBO shows, and ShowTime shows, and CBS, ABC, NBC, Comedy Central and all those other channels that are owned by different entities aren't all available legally at one place that's cheaper than getting them via illegal means!

Nobody said it had to be cheaper... But it does have to be easier.

Netflix is easier than torrenting... and working well.

Usenet and auto downloads isn't easy... but MAN does it work AMAZINGLY well.

However, if a netflix style company had ALL the content and had an easy interface... they could charge $50 a month and be GOLDEN.

Yup that's exactly it. You know the last time I pirated music? Many YEARS ago. You know why? Because a monthly spotify subscription gives me access to any music I want, on any of my devices. It's so much easier than pirating, why would I bother. If they can move to that business model for music, they can do it for video. Until then the content providers can suck it, and I will continue to use usenet.

Back