What are your opinions about a front mounted AIO setup?

I want to use a push/pull config on my H100i but I don't have enough room to mount it up top because it will hit the large heatsink at the tip of my P9X79 Deluxe. So I am considering mounting in the front of my case. What are the disadvantages of such a setup besides dumping warm air into my case. I will have plenty of fans to exhaust the warm air out of the case.

Since that is the whole point of watercooling, I would suggest that you not bother. Dumping the hot air in to your case makes it completely pointless, you might as well just use air and be done with it.

Consider the fact that your CPU is the single largest source of heat in your computer. the whole motherboard design is to have the CPU at the top near the back so that hot air doesn't have far to an exhaust, by having the hot air enter your system you are then adding the CPU temp to everything else in the case.

The ideal scenario is to have the radiator suck in cool air from outside then exhaust it straight back out again.

Have you considered, instead of push/pull, a fan with a high static pressure? Noctua have some very good radiator fans with high static pressure, I use them on my rad, they work really well.

Not a big deal with good air flow. Consider experimenting with reversing the air flow too. So the fans that would be set as exhaust are now intake and the h100 is exhaust.

Back