Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Now on Steam

I remember playing RTCW online and found that I really liked the Depot map. Anytime I would want to play online I would find Happy Penguin Depot 24/7 server and play for hours. Then again I did like going onto the roof as a sniper or as a smoke thrower and causing death from above. Other times I cruised with the team and rushed through the warehouse. Online play could be maddening though. Pretty much all the time to save bullets and grenades they just stab you with the knife so the medics can't revive you.
If they can get the fun factor of RTCW back, I would be willing to give another go at the Wolfenstein games.

I never played the me on the last game and it was great, I'm sure this will follow

I don't remember anything about the singleplayer with RTCW but I do remember the multiplayer. I sank a lot of hours online playing that game running around as a medic.

I'm glad they're focusing on single player. The last thing the world needs is yet another multiplayer FPS. I miss a good single player campaign.

I'm fine with no MP, it would have been a waste of dev time.

Unless the multiplayer was some spectacular thing, it would have been forgotten about in a month or less. It's good to see developers not spending time making a halfassed feature just to be able to check something off on a list. I suspect any MP mode would have been the equivalent of the SP modes in the battlefield games or the recent CoD games, garbage.

will wait for a steam sale before picking this up, hope the single player is decent since they didn't include mp

I'm glad they're focusing on single player. The last thing the world needs is yet another multiplayer FPS. I miss a good single player campaign.

This time a million! Enough with the 6 hour single player campaigns. Bioshok Infinite is the last good single player shooter in a long time. I'll be close to first in line for this one too if for no other reason than to support a single player shooter.

im excited for this game. As for MP, who cares. Go play BF with the other kiddies

I won't be pre-ordering it, but it looks to be a game that I will buy, since I'm quite the fan of the Wolfenstein series.

I grew up playing the original Castle Wolfenstein on my Apple //c computer, complete with its whopping 128 kilobytes of RAM, and its amazing 5.25" floppy disk drive. Yes, complete with its green monochrome monitor.

While the hardware was certainly a lot more limited back then, what really amazed me was the ability of the programmers to generate speech out of that pitiful Apple sound system. Also, the AI of the game was outstanding, and the ability to generate new maps at a whim made it quite striking for its time. Hell, I still enjoy firing up the old Apple ][ emulator...

Imagine the sheer joy of hearing the soldiers yell "Kamerad!" when you stick a gun in their faces, as they temporarily surrendered.

Imagine the sheer fear factor when you're about to exit a room, and suddenly a SS guy wearing a bullet proof vest jumps out of nowhere, scaring the bejesus out of you.

Then, imagine the curse words you say when you tossed a potato masher grenade at your target, but it moved, and your grenade is still sailing towards a chest filled with cannonballs or grenades...

As long as they can keep pushing the edge of the gaming experience, I will certainly be getting these games. It need not be for the glorious eye candy (come on, I played on a monochrome monitor...), but rather the game play, of course.

This.

MP has its place, but every FPS does not need to have it shoe horned in to be worthwhile.

I'll gladly support a good SP only FPS game, they are few and far between.

To be perfectly honest, I would love to get this game. The problem is that it'll be sitting in the bargain bin quick unless they can keep adding to the campaign.

I'll just keep playing Titanfall for my MP.

Haven't we learned by now that this pre-order BS is detrimental to the gamer. We get screwed time and time again from the practice and the only way to stop it is to simply not pre-order anything. If you did already do it, well it's the your hard earned money so spend it however you see fit.

Haven't we learned by now that this pre-order BS is detrimental to the gamer. We get screwed time and time again from the practice and the only way to stop it is to simply not pre-order anything. If you did already do it, well it's the your hard earned money so spend it however you see fit.

I won't pre-order anything anymore. So many promises, so little delivered. I'll wait until after it's released.

Theres no MP in this one.

Wow. This game will flop big time. Half the fun was MP.

While I agree in general, and loathe the progressing extinction of good SP these days, Wolfenstein had some righteous multiplayer. In fact, I've probably sunk more hours into its MP than any other game.

However, I'm talking specifically about "Enemy Territory", the multiplayer-only "expansion". It had some helluva fun, unique maps, and at a time when MP was mostly just deathmatch + occasional CTF.

Pre-orders are for suckers.

Totally. I still scratch my head at the "phenomenon". I could see pre-ordering a console, given that there's surely going to be a dearth upon launch (even though I think console first-buyer "beta-testers" are still suckers), but for games?

The thing that makes me angry about it is that it just reinforces the behavior of companies releasing half-assed betas, then patching them to normalcy in the coming weeks/months.

I won't be pre-ordering it, but it looks to be a game that I will buy, since I'm quite the fan of the Wolfenstein series.

I grew up playing the original Castle Wolfenstein on my Apple //c computer, complete with its whopping 128 kilobytes of RAM, and its amazing 5.25" floppy disk drive. Yes, complete with its green monochrome monitor.

While the hardware was certainly a lot more limited back then, what really amazed me was the ability of the programmers to generate speech out of that pitiful Apple sound system. Also, the AI of the game was outstanding, and the ability to generate new maps at a whim made it quite striking for its time. Hell, I still enjoy firing up the old Apple ][ emulator...

Imagine the sheer joy of hearing the soldiers yell "Kamerad!" when you stick a gun in their faces, as they temporarily surrendered.

Imagine the sheer fear factor when you're about to exit a room, and suddenly a SS guy wearing a bullet proof vest jumps out of nowhere, scaring the bejesus out of you.

Then, imagine the curse words you say when you tossed a potato masher grenade at your target, but it moved, and your grenade is still sailing towards a chest filled with cannonballs or grenades...

As long as they can keep pushing the edge of the gaming experience, I will certainly be getting these games. It need not be for the glorious eye candy (come on, I played on a monochrome monitor...), but rather the game play, of course.

Yes! I played it on a Commodore 64 and the SS guy would yell "Achtung!" when he'd come in. And he'd always barge in when I was sitting there deep in thought about where I needed to go next. Yep I've spit out many a mouthfuls of tea over that game and that's why I'll always buy a Wolfenstein game.

MP isn't everything. I don't even know if Bulletstorm had MP but I loved the game.

Skyrim is another example (of course that is hardly a FPS).

MP isn't everything. I don't even know if Bulletstorm had MP but I loved the game.

Skyrim is another example (of course that is hardly a FPS).

I did too and think we're about the only ones. Yeah it wasn't game of the century or anything but it had a cool story, was funny and had a lot of good combat. I've got 3 or 4 play-thrus logged on that game.

Back