GameFly Wolfenstein The New Order (PC) $47.99

Damn that game looks pretty. Just got me excited for it! Maybe one day I'll be able to actually play a new game.

$60 for a single player FPS FYI.

My prediction is that it will fall flat on it's face like the last one did.

Incredibly easy and lacking gameplay that is heavily scripted.

The game doesn't seem too great. I've yet to read a positive preview from the sites I read or hear positive impressions from the podcasts I listen to. I have zero faith in this game ending up being good, which is too bad because I love the setting.

I've got to agree, will probably wait for a cheaper steam sale before picking this up. Graphics look decent but the gameplay looks like its stuck in the last decade

The story looks great -- but I have fond memories of Wolfenstein multiplayer (return to castle wolfenstein anyone)

I'd gladly shell out the money for a good story and the ability to shoot it up with friends online. But with no multiplayer, I just don't care too much

Bioshock infinite was supposedly great -- I never really played past an hour or two because I got distracted by some online fun with friends.

I'll probably bite pretty quick on this one. The previews look pretty damn good and I'm starved for good quality single player games. I really enjoyed Wolfenstein as well as Return to Wolfenstein so if this one is at least as good as those I'll be happy.

Just wait till it hits $5 on Steam.
I just don't see how anyone could justify paying $50-$60 for this when you *know* for a fact that it will be heavily discounted even as early as the 4th of July sale (though it won't be $5 by then, but it will be $5 by xmas or earlier).

Only reason I *might* pre-order this is for the Doom beta access, but even then I don't think it's worth it.

No MP? that was the only reason to buy the game. Guess its game over for them.

I don't actually mind not having MP if the SP experience is great, but $60 (or even $48 here) is asking a lot for what will assuredly be a pretty linear shooter.

I get a heavy "Bioshock Infinite" vibe from the trailers -- meaning the FPS action is going to be lackluster and clunky but you're supposed to forgive it because "well its about the story". Hope I'm wrong. Definitely waiting for actual gameplay footage and a few reviews before touching this, because right now I'm not really sure what kind of game I'd be buying.

I have hopes that this game will be good, but that being said I'll probably wait until it falls into the $25-30 range on sale. I am tempted to pre-order just for the Doom beta though...

Back