AMD Reports 2014 First Quarter Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced revenue for the first quarter of 2014 of $1.40 billion, operating income of $49 million and net loss of $20 million, or $0.03 per share. The company reported non-GAAP operating income of $66 million and non-GAAP net income of $12 million, or $0.02 per share.

"AMD continued our momentum by building on the solid foundation we set in the second half of 2013, further transforming the company," said Rory Read, AMD president and CEO. "Backed by our powerful x86 processor cores and hands-down best graphics experiences, we achieved 28 percent revenue growth from the year-ago quarter. We are well positioned to continue to grow profitably as we diversify our business and enable our customers to drive change and win."

Growth is good. :D This is good news definitely when you consider how close to 6 feet under they where even just a year ago. It takes time to right a ship that has been listing but they are getting it done.

I'm sure it also helped that they were in the ARM game early on, in addition to being chosen for both consoles. Good for AMD. A healthy competitor means Intel can't pull their price gouging on us.

I'm sure it also helped that they were in the ARM game early on, in addition to being chosen for both consoles. Good for AMD. A healthy competitor means Intel can't pull their price gouging on us.

Early on?

IMO AMD is late to ARMs party.

Early on?

IMO AMD is late to ARMs party.

I meant relative to Intel. Intel announced they're jumping on the ARM bandwagon only last October. AMD released the Seattle last January.

Back