Quiestest Case 2014 Recommendation (NZXT G10 did not work out great with mine!)

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
I guess it does work with NZXT G10, but I'm not a fan. It's cramped, and I had to move my AIO for the processor down to the bottom. And yes, that's right, that radiator IS in fact mounted with 4 PCI brackets to the bottom fan. :cool:

13895418972_41fe55cca8_c.jpg

My wire job looks horrendous as usual.

Anyways, as much as I love my Raven RV02, I need something better.

I'd like it to..

• Perform as well as or close to the RV02
  • Quiet as possible
  • Room for Crossfire/SLI
  • Radiator Support/Options
  • Small is good, but not opposed to something else
  • Side Window is definitely preferred
  • Has to fit hardware in sig
  • Under $300
  • If it's white, please share

Despite the list above, if it is really quiet throw it at me.

I was looking at the NZXT H440, or getting the Corsair 900D. I'd like something small, but it's hard to say no to the 900D. I do plan on at some point going back to custom water cooling.

Please recommend me something.

Thanks.

Last edited:
what about Antec P100, Coolermaster N600, or Arc Midi R2, they all have lots of options for room and cooling potential?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will take a look at them. A side window is much preferred. I understand that may affect acoustic qualities, but that's okay.

Another vote for the R4 then. Great case. Especially for the price.

If you're willing to go mATX how about the white Aerocool Dead Silence? You should have 3 positions for AIO coolers: 1 at the rear and 2 at the top. And it can have a window.

It has to fit all my current hardware, so it has to be an ATX case. Nice looking case though.

I have the Arc Midi R2, if you need lot's of rad-area in a small(ish) case, then this will be your pick. It's not silent though. A Define R4 with some easy mod's will be silent on top of fairly good airflow. 2x 140mm front, 2x 140mm top, 1x 140mm on bottom, and 1x 140mm on the back. That's like 840mm of rad space. With some easy modding you can easily add another 2 140mm fan's on the side (windowless design would much better accommodate this as you can then place the 2 intakes directly on the gpu's).
900D is great, but I saw 2 builds with the 900D and they were insanely loud compared to any other build I have ever seen. (you can add lots of silent and low-rpm fans, which will make a huge difference).

Just for the sake of curiosity, would getting thicker plexiglass or doubling up for the side window really help any? Perhaps putting it on a rubber gasket as well

Back