Android Pirate Agrees To Work Undercover For the Feds

HardOCP News

[H] News
I believe the expression "no honor among thieves" is fitting in this situation.

Getting busted by the FBI can hardly be a pleasurable experience but for one former Android software pirate his debt to the authorities won't be over anytime soon. As part of a plea agreement with the Department of Justice, a former member of the SnappzMarket group has just agreed to work undercover for the FBI.

Listen Johnson, we're sending you in undercover. But first we need to alert the world media. You'll have your work cut out for you Johnson but dammit you're the best we got.
More proof of government incompetence. Why must they broadcast they're every "secret" move? Live feeds of military operations, announcing a new undercover agent, other crap that has potential to get out people killed? So why not do the same in DC? When do we get live feeds of important things like what the government is plotting against the citizens? Let's get right to that whole "governmental transparency" thing. If they can spy on us, then we should have the right to spy on them...PERIOD.

More proof of government incompetence. Why must they broadcast they're every "secret" move? Live feeds of military operations, announcing a new undercover agent, other crap that has potential to get out people killed? So why not do the same in DC? When do we get live feeds of important things like what the government is plotting against the citizens? Let's get right to that whole "governmental transparency" thing. If they can spy on us, then we should have the right to spy on them...PERIOD.

So you're complaining that you know about something the government is doing AND complaining that you don't know in the same post? I like it! 14/20!

It's a red herring. All the pirates will be suspicious of each other and the feds with kick their doors down as they fight over IRC or something.

Who ever said that they wanted to "broadcast" this info? Sounds entirely like Someone leaked his plea agreement publicly without consent of anyone.

android + pirate + undercover cop = hmmmm... add "boobs" and I think we got somethin'

hahahah
you are consistently the best TROLL on these forums whoever you are​
FTFY... But yes, I agree - when I'm not thinking he's a total ass, I'm snorting coffee on my keyboard thanks to our dear Creepy Uncle...

android + pirate + undercover cop = hmmmm... add "boobs" and I think we got somethin'

I think you're onto something. Get an undercover woman in some of these pirate groups. Nerds don't know how to act, they won't catch on - look at strippers. "I think she really likes me and we're hitting it off!". You'll catch a few that way.

hahahah

you are consistently the best person on these forums whoever you are

Aw gee thanks! :)

FTFY... But yes, I agree - when I'm not thinking he's a total ass, I'm snorting coffee on my keyboard thanks to our dear Creepy Uncle...

I know saran wrapping stuff can have a kinky connotation, but maybe doing that to your keyboard will help it survive the rain of java?

It's a red herring. All the pirates will be suspicious of each other and the feds with kick their doors down as they fight over IRC or something.

This. It will cause activity/"chatter" to increase, potentially inhibit their activities, etc.

Feds do the same thing with sanctions. Sometimes, they say nothing because if you get put on a list, you know they're on to you. Other times, they'll throw someone on there they've known about for quite awhile, because they know it will generate a lot of movement that they can then trace to new sources.

Upon hearing from someone who isn't me, (A) defendant had to relinquish his rights to 2 android phones, a nexus, a usb flash drive, and two computers..
That sucks...

Back