Cooler Master Hyper 212+ temps

utku

n00b
Hi guys I am new to this forum so hi to everyone first of all....:)

My question is about hyper 212 +. I was waiting for a better performance but I am searching the forums for days and realized that my temp readings seems normal. Not perfect just normal. Anyway I want to share my temps(C°) by hardware info 64:

İdle:
core0:36
core1:40
core2:36
core3:37
load, prime 95 30 minutes:
core0:51
core1:60
core2:57
core3:57

My system is:
THERMALTAKE Armor Case
INTEL corei5-2400
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE
4GB Hi Level ram(1600mhz)
ASUS Geforce 680 GTX
OCZ SSD Agility 3 240GB
SAMSUNG 500 gb harddrive
CREATIVE XiFi sound card
LG DVD writer
Cooler Master Hyper 212x heatsink

My room temperature is 25 C degrees.

What do you think?

Those temps seem normal.

I run my cpu overclocked to 4.8Ghz, also my room temp is cooler, around 21c.
With my 2600k and the hyper 212, it idles around 32c and under full load hits 72c at it's highest.
I also have 2x 120mm fans on my 212.

Thanks, I am checking it right now and it's also 33-34 etc. ... Thanks for your temp information. Mine's not overclocked. This is my first time with an aftermarket cooler with intel corei5 2400 so I wondered if my montage was right or I wasted my money:p The thing is, I was expecting lower temps. So perhaps, this cpus are around 40-60 in normal usage right? I hope intel will improve it in years. No one gets 25-26 temps with corei series I think...?? What do you think?

I doubt you'd see Prime load temps in the mid 50s with a stock cooler.

Did you use the default thermal paste? If so, you may get a few degrees better temps with a higher quality TIM. Nothing earth shattering, but temps may drop a degree or two.

Well I used thermaltake tg 3. I tried it before at something else it's expensive and believe me it's good. Just saying:S

those temps seems very strange for me.. does not sound right in fact.. i've been using a Hyper 212+ stock fan plus a CM Sickeflow 2000RPM and Ceramique 2 as TIM with a i7 2600 which its hotter than the i5 2400 and it was idling at 30C and fully load with Aida64 overclocked to 3.9ghz turbo 4.2ghz the hottest core was peaking at 62C.. so with a 22C room temp I would be expecting way lower temperatures...

first what you have to check are the settings in BIOS, that p8p67 have 3 options in the EZ Mode (first page of Bios) Power saving - Normal - Asus Optimized which this last one automatically overclock your Chip no matter if its a K or not.. it will raise the Turbo multiplier +4 extra points so your max turbo will be 3.8ghz with single threaded and 3.5ghz all cores loaded this will also make the chip to draw much more voltage than what really need and make it run hotter, for those temps i think your board overclock your chip at stock settings there's no way to run at those temps with the hyper212 check voltages and frequency with CPU-Z under load..

With cpuz my idle voltage is 1.008. When I start a program it is maximum 1.288. I have seen this so far.... I chose power saving mode from ez bios...

Voltage are too high for that chip.. That voltage its what a 2500K use normally for ~4.3 - 4.4ghz. Can you post a screenshot of CPU-Z under stress?.. I.E. P95 small FFT test.. Your turbo boost under full load or stress should be 3.2ghz not 3.4ghz..you will find it at 3.4ghz in single threaded apps.. If are at 3.4ghz under full load then probably your board applied an extra 200mhz and its delivering more voltage than needed.. Some asus boards by default have a more aggresive turbo boost that can make it the 4 cores to run at the max advertised turbo frequency. Check it..

For my 2500k @ 5Ghz, 1.48v. Using Hyper 212+ w/ 2 120mm fans

Idle: 35-40C
Load (Prime95, all 4 cores): 76-82C
During typical gameplay: 56-72C

Back