Saint's Row Third 80% off

SR3 is an absolute blast to play. I still need to get around to playing 4, which is pretty much SR3 plus super powers.

Yeah, if you don't have SR3 yet, go for it! Absolutely awesome game! (not recommended for all ages, or the easily offended, but if you like causing some mayhem and have a fairly sick sense of humor, you'll love it). Basically if you've ever enjoyed a GTA game, you will like Saints Row much more. :D

SR2 is also very good, better in some aspects than 3 actually. It has more cars, more upgrades, more customization options, and arguably a better story. Sadly the PC version wasn't ported anywhere near as well as SR3, so expect the performance to be slightly worse, and the controls are a pain to get used to. I actually played SR2 with my 360 controller in one hand for driving and walking around, and mouse in right hand for aiming and shooting. Never seen another game with controls so awkward they required this, but SR2 was so good it was worth playing through anyways.

I still haven't tried SR4 yet. $13.50 is a very tempting price, but then I remembered there's still another $40 worth of DLC for this game to get the full package. I'm not buying SR4 'till I can get both the game and 100% of the content that goes with it for under $20. I still say it should have been released as an expansion to SR3, not a stand-alone game at these ridiculous prices.

Last edited:
I still haven't tried SR4 yet. $13.50 is a very tempting price, but then I remembered there's still another $40 worth of DLC for this game to get the full package. I'm not buying SR4 'till I can get both the game and 100% of the content that goes with it for under $20. I still say it should have been released as an expansion to SR3, not a stand-alone game at these ridiculous prices.

SR4 is neat but def. not worth the price of admission. Same city with some giant platforming towers added. The quests are really good though, better than SR3's (mostly due to being so ridiculous).

It was a lot of fun, despite me leaning a little towards the serious games side of the fence which surprised me.

For quests, are any of the DLCs worthwhile? Or do any bridge SR4 well? Still need to get that.

Good deal, I'd say get SR3 full deal for $5.99, the extra missions are funny. Can't say its worth going back to SR3 after SRIV, although I still need to play SR2.

Can't say I've ever enjoyed the GTA series even though I own like most after the 3rd one. I get bored with them way too fast.

I actually played SR2 with my 360 controller in one hand for driving and walking around, and mouse in right hand for aiming and shooting. Never seen another game with controls so awkward they required this, but SR2 was so good it was worth playing through anyways.

Ha, I had to do the whole x360 pad in left hand and mouse in the right hand with Mirror's Edge. Aiming guns with game pad was horrid.

Back