Sprint Offering Up to $650 to Switch Carriers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Name of the game with carriers now is to bribe the other carriers’ clients into jumping ship and Sprint just upped the ship jumping ante to a maximum of $650.

For a limited time, customers that open a new line or transfer their existing line from another carrier will receive a Visa Prepaid Card worth up to $350 to cover early termination fees.

I can see this sort of crap only working on people that are not too bright to begin with. They will see "free money" and go full retard and do anything to get it.

You will always be out of pocket for deals like this, if you feel like letting someone hold onto your 350 dollars for 6 to 8 weeks, be my guest.

Topping it all off, it's sprint, nuff said

I dumped Verizon earlier this month once contract was over and moved to Straight Talk. Every month there is an extra $50 in my pocket now :) And I get great service all over the DFW area.

I can see this sort of crap only working on people that are not too bright to begin with. They will see "free money" and go full retard and do anything to get it.

You will always be out of pocket for deals like this, if you feel like letting someone hold onto your 350 dollars for 6 to 8 weeks, be my guest.

I dumped Verizon earlier this month once contract was over and moved to Straight Talk. Every month there is an extra $50 in my pocket now :) And I get great service all over the DFW area.

Topping it off it is a prepaid CC rebate...that probably will not be mailed to you for 6-8 weeks.

what's the beef with Sprint? it may be silly, but if you have money to spare and want to swith without worrying about early term fees. I can wait a few weeks. Otherwise I've been happy with sprint since like 2007

what's the beef with Sprint? it may be silly, but if you have money to spare and want to swith without worrying about early term fees. I can wait a few weeks. Otherwise I've been happy with sprint since like 2007

You might be one of the few.

In a lot of places their quality has went to shit. Example, NW corner of Indiana I knew a few people that their phones would randomly change times. And I don't mean switching between Central and Eastern but as in it would be 10:30am one minute then 9:15pm the next and then been 8:01am a few hours later. Which is you are using your phone as an alarm makes it worthless for that. They blamed it on the users for a few months, then finally said they had a network issues. Reception has went down hill, area that you at one time would get 4 or 5 bars went down to no signal or 1 bar. Mostly after a storm came through and relocated a few of their towers into pancake a short distance from where they were. They didn't bother to fix anything, they just offer to sell you a device to put in your home to get better coverage there. They have issues with call completion, before they just gave you dead air. But since a lot of people started to call in they started to give you fake ringing on your end so that you think the phone is ringing on the other end, when in fact the call never left their switch to start with or is lost somewhere else along the line.

Why don't they just lower there prices and get new customers that way? This is idiotic. Oh I know why, cause their prices are so f'ing high that they can recoup that off new customers within the year which .... is why they are losing customers in the first place.

Why don't they just lower there prices and get new customers that way? This is idiotic. Oh I know why, cause their prices are so f'ing high that they can recoup that off new customers within the year which .... is why they are losing customers in the first place.

The same reason no other telco or cable lowers prices.

Because that directly lowers profits, which pisses off the only people who actually matter....white collars and share holders/investors.

actually -- I hold no direct grudge with sprint. I did have them for 2 years under contract from about 2008 to 2010 back when "4G" was brand spanking new and "WiMax" was being promised out the ass by sprint themselves as a game changer.

I fell for it. And even after doing all my research and whatnot there was maybe only 4 times in years I connected to any WiMax network in the DFW area. (2 of which were only re-broadcast wifi from a sprint store)

In the end -- every single "big" carrier does one thing great. They fuck you. Verizon gives you a great network but fucks you on the bill. AT&T gives you okay service, shitty support, and always jacks your bill up every other month for NO reason other than they wont hope you notice and just pay it. Sprint was a fair price, but the absolute worst coverage I've ever had.

All these games they play paying off your ETF contract, bribing you over to their side... it's just an overly complicated game, and there isn't a single soul at any of these mega corporations that remembers the concept of "fairprice good service" The ONLY reason we as americans are paying 50/month for a shitty internet connection, and 100/month for a shitty cell/data plan is because all the rich people at the top decided that's the price they can get for it. (actual price is far far far less)

Had Sprint a couple years back. Absolutely worst service I've ever had...both in cell reception and customer service. I was constantly lied too, from day one, all up until I cancelled.

Charter, at least in my area, is the only information provider I've dealt with where the price is good, customer service is top notch, and the service is excellent. I pay like $100 a month for 100MB internet and TV and it RARELY goes down and if it does they're out same day to fix it.

I've been with Sprint for 10+ years and it's been pretty good. Only quibble has been the price per month. I recently switched to a Framily plan so I'm paying 50 bucks a month now per line which is a lot better, and if I can get more people on my Framily it drops down to $25 a month per line.

if I can get more people on my Framily it drops down to $25 a month per line.

Start a [H] Framily sign-up in the sub-forums. From what I understand, you don't have to be related and they are on separate bills.

Start a [H] Framily sign-up in the sub-forums. From what I understand, you don't have to be related and they are on separate bills.

I started one up a few weeks ago in the free stuff section of the hot deals sub forum.

slightly off topic -- but sprint making up the word "Framily" just makes me want to punch a baby. And I dare say if I heard anyone say this "word" in real life I'd love to punch them too.

The English language already faces a barrage of assaults every day thanks to ebonics and other lazy ways of speaking. If you let this crap slide long enough and you will see "Framily" in websters dictionary 10 years down the line.

The movie idiocracy probably hit the nail on the head with the way the human race turns out. "Framily" is just one small link in the chain.

Sprint will pay your ETF to switch to them but will they pay the ETF when you find out how crappy their data service is and want to switch back? After suffering for about a decade with crappy Sprint 3G, getting charged $10 extra for virtually non-existent 4G, being told to go outside the house to use 4G and endless promises that they will improve their network I happily paid the negotiated ETF and jumped on Verizon unlimited data when it was offered.

Here's how I would break down the four major carriers:

If you need don't mind paying a premium to have the best network that still honors unthrottled grandfathered unlimited data go with Verizon.

If you want the best combination of value and good service then Tmobile.

If you want a company that screws you over at every opportunity like throttling your grandfathered unlimited data with a ridiculously low cap and paying a premium for 2nd best network then AT&T.

If you want to buy into a promise then Sprint.

Sprint already has lower prices than AT&T and Verizon. And just an FYI, this may be new to sprint, but other carriers have been doing this type of thing for years.

Sprint is not perfect, but none of them are. Sprint is relatively inexpensive. T-Mobile is less still, but T-Mobile coverage is even spottier than Sprint, but if you have good coverage in your area, I'd go to T-Mobile in a heartbeat.

Sprint already has lower prices than AT&T and Verizon. And just an FYI, this may be new to sprint, but other carriers have been doing this type of thing for years.

Sprint is not perfect, but none of them are. Sprint is relatively inexpensive. T-Mobile is less still, but T-Mobile coverage is even spottier than Sprint, but if you have good coverage in your area, I'd go to T-Mobile in a heartbeat.

I travel for a living and just want to point out wile T-Mobile is lacking Sprints network is far far worse. The only upside to Sprint is they roam on Verizon...

I can chime in about how bad Sprint can be. It is absolute Garbage in my area. They advertise like crazy that 4G is available here, but go anywhere with a semi dense population and their coverage/speed is unbearable. I finally made the switch over to Verizon and after a year of Sprint (my first cell carrier), even paid the ETF to get out (which is cute how they still pass their taxes on it to you even if they aren't giving you service). I don't really even care if I'm paying 30 bucks more a month, I just couldn't stand their bullshit anymore. They claim they invested $60 Million in this area to upgrade their service when all they did was move the damn antennas up the towers (who the hell puts those at the bottom of the tower? I think it had something to do with WiMax but I'm unsure).

Their towers aren't even really run by Sprint Corporate, but by some subsidiary they bought in my area who will tell you just how bad Sprint is, and that they are the ones who actually have tickets that will resolve issues, but then act just like them when absolutely nothing is done. Calling in to Sprint too is pretty amazing as well, half the operators sound like they've had people yelling at them all day, and you can't help but feel sorry for them. I only argued with one of them, because i never had the heart after just hearing the complete downtrodden tones of their voices, and that one was just flat out rude and offensive from the start.

With Verizon call quality has vastly improved, texts very rarely get dropped or have errors, and the best data speeds with Verizon are 3x that of the best i got with Sprint, with average Speeds being over 50x better (56k vs 21 Mbps).

Yeah Sprint offers unlimited in my area alright, unlimited 56k speeds unless you're in the middle of nowhere or within 200 feet of a tower. I never even broke 3 GB in a month with sprint and that was actually trying to see how far I could go, most months it was under 2 GB, and 3G usually compromised most of my data usage. It felt like sometimes my speeds were even being throttled.

Avoid Sprint like the plague unless you have friends in the area who get amazing coverage.

Sprint isn't terrible, I had them for a long time, went to T-mobile, then back to Sprint,

BUT, for some reason whenever I make a call it takes upwards of 25s for the call to actually initiate and start ringing. Doesn't matter my signal or where I am (home, work, gym, etc), every time there is a huge delay.

Sprint isn't terrible, I had them for a long time, went to T-mobile, then back to Sprint,

BUT, for some reason whenever I make a call it takes upwards of 25s for the call to actually initiate and start ringing. Doesn't matter my signal or where I am (home, work, gym, etc), every time there is a huge delay.

No, Sprint is terrible. This isn't just a few people bitching. it's pretty consistently rated for the worst coverage. It's not even just coverage though with Sprint, we had issues with texts never being received, calls never being received. even with good signals I could call my wife's phone and about one out of three times hers simply wouldn't ring at all. This was consistent over various phones until we switched.

T mobile even with a lacking network does not have these issues. The biggest difference between the two is Sprint has better data coverage in the boonies than T-Mobile. I'd you're in a city T-Mobile hands down beats Sprint.

Well, I'm happy with Sprint. Coverage in CA hasn't been an issue for me and CS has always given me what I want without any hassle.

I've had bad experience with every major cell provider except Verizon who I've not done business with. I know many who use them just because of their network coverage.

Currently I'm using Sprint via Virgin Mobile and I've liked them the best simply because they are still letting me use a grandfathered $25 plan. Signal is ok but not great for voice, data is weak most of the time.

As much as I detest AT&T, you couldn't pay me enough to switch to spring. Ever.

Although I've never had issues with Sprints SMS, the fact is SMS is never guaranteed to be delivered. Now there LTE coverage is sketchy, but I'm still on the old SERO plan (i've got a work phone if I really need to browse the web...and even that's a 3G phone). 4G is definitely better, but for my phone, it's generally not essential.

That said, one of these days, i'll probably upgrade to a modern phone on sprint, but for now, I'm good with $30.00/month.

Back