Looking For Love Online? Try Facebook Or WoW

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to a recent study you have just as much luck finding love on Facebook or playing World of Warcraft than you do on a dating site.

It should come as no surprise that more and more people meet their spouses online. But not all of those romances start on websites that are meant for finding partners. A recent study by Jeffrey Hall, an associate professor of communication studies at University of Kansas, found that among people who met their spouse online, more than half had done so somewhere other than a dating site.

Met my wife on Napster in 2001.

Met mine on Facebook. We were just mutual friends with someone else and we were involved in a conversation on a status update and PM'd each other as a result and became friends. Discovered we only lived 4 blocks apart, so we decided to meet up and have coffee, and it went from there.

ah yes fb connected with one of my childhood friends sister that way when she was 18 and well im now stuck with her lol

If you're a female interested in males, you're not completely unattractive, and you don't suck at WoW, it would be extremely easy to get hooked up.

If you're a female interested in males, you're not completely unattractive, it would be extremely easy to get hooked up.

Fixed that for you. I've ran into many who get the hookups anyhow and COMPLETELY SUCK at the game. It takes very little to hook most males and it is really pathetic how low our standards are.

Met my current GF on facebook through a mutual friend.

My GFs sister met her current BF on Reddit

I met my wife on a Zelda fansite web forum back when we were teenagers. Now we're married with 2 kids and we still game together. Life is good :D

Fixed that for you. I've ran into many who get the hookups anyhow and COMPLETELY SUCK at the game. It takes very little to hook most males and it is really pathetic how low our standards are.

Some just have 1 requirement: A hole.

If you're a female interested in WoW, it would be extremely easy to get hooked up.

That's more accurate. I doubt most of the basement-dwellers would turn down anything with a heartbeat.... and even then.....

That's more accurate. I doubt most of the basement-dwellers would turn down anything with a heartbeat.... and even then.....

only because the basement dwellers never go outside and realize how easy it is to hookup...

Back