Yahoo Makes New Push Into Video Content

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like Marissa Mayer as CEO of Yahoo but a lot of the stuff they are doing lately sure seems like "me too!" kinda stuff.

Yahoo Inc. is raising its ambitions in online video, with plans to acquire the kind of original programming that typically winds up on high-end cable-TV networks and streaming services.

Have they ever actually watched their own videos?

They're turrible.

I love the dress Marissa wore for CES. No homo.

I'd actually consider yahoo as a possible replacement for YouTube, which seems to constantly go downhill.

I was going to read the article, but then the horrible piss poor crop job of their logo in that picture started to burn my eyes and I had to leave the page.

So they want to have their own streaming service to go against Netflix and the rest. That is going to be a hard market to get into, the ones in it now can't all do that great. They almost need to buy out one of the existing larger ones if they want to do anything really right now.

Ya Yahoo, going back to their roots with Geocities, they even have a logo to match and Marissa even put on a dress from to match.

Yahoo pre-video ads are worse than YouTube's, but the videos have good quality.

they could just be doing a "me too" thing, but they're catching up from the bottom. No one said you need to bring something new to the table to be level with everyone else. At least Marissa's competent, so I'd at least wait and see before judging.

If they do it well, fine with me. It's not like there's an unlimited amount of new ideas possible with regards to such a company.

Back