The Worst Company In America 2014

HardOCP News

[H] News
The voting for the Worst Company In America 2014 is coming down to the wire. You'd better hurry if you want to get your vote in!

One is a battle-tested vet with a Golden Poo on its mantlepiece; the other a tournament newcomer who doesn’t seem put off by its competitor’s years of experience. Both of today’s Final Death Match contenders dream of a world where they are the only supplier in their respective industries, and will go to any means necessary to make that dream a reality.

How come we always focus on the worst company rather than the best?

Tells you something about this country doesn't it?

Comcast is an inconvenience. People can live without internet.

Monsanto is pure evil. People can't live without water and Monsanto's activities would make Hitler and Stalin proud.

How come we always focus on the worst company rather than the best?

Tells you something about this country doesn't it?

Actually I see articles about the best companies occasionally. If you check out Clark Howard's site he's always talking about the best and the worst. I personally don't see anything wrong with public shaming of companies the treat their customers like crap just because they can and still make truck loads of money. Or, just being generally sleazy about the way they do business.

I think we should also applaud those companies that go the extra mile to do things "better".

Monsanto is pure evil. People can't live without water and Monsanto's activities would make Hitler and Stalin proud.

You just invalidate anything you say when you use comparisons like that.

3 posts in...........Godwin would be proud.

Though I did vote for Monsanto, in spite of being a current Comcrap subscriber.

I voted for Comcast because I have a monthly bill and they're the only company that provides service in my area. They have a nice contract with the city. That being said, both companies are awful.

Comcast is not even in the same league of abusive corporate policy as Monsanto.

For those who think Comcast is worse than Monsanto have no clue about what they do and it is sad.

People are more concerned about internet than the food they eat....sad.

if you eat food Monsanto directly affects you, as such they are a much worse company than comcast... you can live without internet... comcast didn't develop carcinogen pesticides etc

Although the Hitler and Stalin references are over the top, I agree. Monsanto has been at this game for over 100 years.

Its a sort of recent change, I know, but Germany isn't ruled by those people anymore and it hasn't been in like almost 100 years.
69 years. Did you fail math and history in school?:p

Although the Hitler and Stalin references are over the top, I agree. Monsanto has been at this game for over 100 years.

I don't think it's over the top at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...suicide-using-genetically-modified-crops.html

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2008/05/monsanto200805

http://www.newsdaily.com/article/83...entines-link-health-problems-to-agrochemicals

Monsanto has more EPA superfund sites than any other company. Countless people have been killed or maimed by their pollution. They made Agent Orange. They monopolize the water and food supplies of third world countries. They push GMOs not to improve the quality of life for people but to create artificially sterile plants in an attempt to monopolize the food supply.

Why just companies?
Wish they included government agencies on the list.

I do like OMG suck at math, but history I'm not bad at. I was just estimating though. I mean, looking that up and doing and exact numbers thing just didn't seem super important for what I was trying to say.

I do like OMG suck at math, but history I'm not bad at. I was just estimating though. I mean, looking that up and doing and exact numbers thing just didn't seem super important for what I was trying to say.

Basic math isn't that hard.

Alright blondie, I think you have inhaled too many fumes from the hair dye.:p

comparing VW or Hollywood to Monsanto is probably more ridiculous than comparing Monsanto to Hitler

So did Hollywood. Do you still watch movies?

I haven't bought a movie, downloaded a movie or been to a movie theater in over ten years. The MPAA and Hollywood are already on my boycott list. Personally, I'm content to simply read books (I consider most of what Hollywood puts out these days to be for people of limited intellect anyways so I'm not missing out on much).

WTH. Seriously.

As bad as an ISP is...they have fucking nothing on the bastards at Monsanto. It is just ridiculous to even suggest it.

They're not just an ISP...

But yeah, I agree, not even in the same league as Monsanto.

Alright blondie, I think you have inhaled too many fumes from the hair dye.:p

Going blonde is the worst thing on the planet. :mad: So no, I really do just suck at math and it has nothing to do with my hair color.

What's wrong with estimating? IIRC if you round to the nearest hundreds, 69 years turns into 100 years.

And the winner is....

Comcast

It was close but I would imagine brand recognition is what drove Comcast to win.

sad.. sad sad sad that people are so oblivious to what really matters these days..

And the winner is....

Comcast

It was close but I would imagine brand recognition is what drove Comcast to win.

This is a damning indictment of the intelligence of the average human.

Monsanto rapes and pillages, poisons food and water supplies, sues small farmers out of business, has cost US taxpayers untold billions in clean up costs for all of their pollution and commits numerous other crimes against humanity.

Comcast raised your internet bill.

Truly, an IQ test should be required to vote.

I'm glad Monsanto is at least getting more recognized for the evils it caused and are still causing today. They went from not even being on the list last year to making it to the finals this year. So the word is spreading and I think that is what matters most about this list. Bringing awareness to those that have no idea what evils the mega-corporations do.

sad.. sad sad sad that people are so oblivious to what really matters these days..

This. Seriously. The two companies aren't even in the same league. If you could condense evil, Monsanto would be packed as tight as a neutron star.

Yes but they dont throttle your internet so you can't upload your new duck face pic to whore to the world of social media friends.

Back