Ridley Scott Working on Halo Project

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Talk about your major league name dropping and utilization of the the Halo Effect (no pun intended) on upcoming projects, Microsoft announced on Thursday that Ridley Scott is on board as executive producer on a new Halo project. Steven Spielberg is already working on a television series based on Halo. Let’s hope the big bucks bringing in big names comes up with some big results.

Halo has had trouble making it to the big screen, and sadly this project isn't likely to put it there either.

Maybe Microsoft should consider for a moment that Ridley Scott's last major project was pretty awful in everything other than CGI, and the only actor who didn't absolutely suck was playing the character of the emotionless robot.... before invoking his name as a reason to get excited as a project....

Maybe Microsoft should consider for a moment that Ridley Scott's last major project was pretty awful in everything other than CGI, and the only actor who didn't absolutely suck was playing the character of the emotionless robot.... before invoking his name as a reason to get excited as a project....

since Microsoft hates its users, this should be an excellent collaboration.

Awesome, love both of their works, I hope the productionsfof the tv series are as good as previous works.

Haters gonna hate.

Should be interesting.

Last aliens movie wasn't the greatest but I think he will do ok with Halo.

I am sure they are going to have somewhat of a set story already so wouldn't think he would have too much fredom with it.

Im excited, huge fan of Ridley Scott.

too many people drinking the Haterade this morning.

Understatement of the year.

Funny part...the original script (here) for what became Prometheus (Summarized hilariously in 15 minutes here) was far more thought through and made far more sense....and probably would have made a much better movie.

Then someone decided to take a giant dump on all of that potential.

I watched American Gangster last night and it was phenomenal.

I love it when companies claim they have some "big name" on their payroll that no one has ever even heard of before. I mean really, who's Ridley Scott? Does this person know their first and last names are inverted?

Personally while I didn't think it was the greatest, I also didn't find it to be that horrible.

I think a lot of people just like to bitch about stuff and not try to enjoy content.

Seriously, it's like they don't know what they are talking about if they aren't bitching about it.

Last aliens movie wasn't the greatest but I think he will do ok with Halo.

You mean the one that Scott didn't direct? Because the only one he did Direct was Alien, and that one is touted as one of, if not the greatest Sci Fi movie(s) in history.

You mean the one that Scott didn't direct? Because the only one he did Direct was Alien, and that one is touted as one of, if not the greatest Sci Fi movie(s) in history.

Prometheus was directed by him. That is the one people are bitching about. It wasn't named Alien but it is part of that series and so that is why I referred to it as being an Aliens movie.

Prometheus was directed by him. That is the one people are bitching about. It wasn't named Alien but it is part of that series and so that is why I referred to it as being an Aliens movie.

I wouldn't call it part of the series. Its in the same universe sure. The last Alien movie was Alien 3.

Also, if you haven't watched Alien 3 Assembly cut, you should.

The last Alien movie was Alien 3.
Uhm... dude? The last Alien movie was Alien Resurrection in 1997. Alien 3 was 1992. That's ignoring the two awful Aliens Versus Predator movies in 2004 and 2007.

The Internet knows.

Haters gonna hate.
Look, I like Ridley Scott's good movies. I love Alien and Blade Runner. Watched them tons of times. I have had to defend Blade Runner against friends. I have discovered that movies I like were directed by him.

But the man is lost, it's not haterade. He isn't the first and he won't be the last. James Cameron was gone years before him.

I like Halo but, creatively speaking, it's a hash of a rehash. I even liked the parts of Halo I that everybody complains about. But I admit when something I like isn't good.

I love the Mako in Mass Effect, for god's sake!

PS: Fuck the Hammerhead.

Uhm... dude? The last Alien movie was Alien Resurrection in 1997. Alien 3 was 1992. That's ignoring the two awful Aliens Versus Predator movies in 2004 and 2007.

The Internet knows.

Look, I like Ridley Scott's good movies. I love Alien and Blade Runner. Watched them tons of times. I have had to defend Blade Runner against friends. I have discovered that movies I like were directed by him.

But the man is lost, it's not haterade. He isn't the first and he won't be the last. James Cameron was gone years before him.

I like Halo but, creatively speaking, it's a hash of a rehash. I even liked the parts of Halo I that everybody complains about. But I admit when something I like isn't good.

I love the Mako in Mass Effect, for god's sake!

PS: Fuck the Hammerhead.

Last I knew Aliens geeks rather disavowed anything out of official lore from the theatrical Alien3 onward. Then again those Alien geeks are about as bad as Trekkies :)

You're joking,right?:rolleyes:

I've never heard of that name before reading this thread. I'd look it up but really, who cares? If they're that insignificant that their name isn't out there now they're pretty much another nobody that someone thinks should be famous for doing what, making video games? Whatever.

I've never heard of that name before reading this thread. I'd look it up but really, who cares? If they're that insignificant that their name isn't out there now they're pretty much another nobody that someone thinks should be famous for doing what, making video games? Whatever.

Uh...Ridley Scott's name only "isn't out there" if you've been living under a rock for the last few years.

I don't live under a rock, but I don't go around idolizing everyone in the credits of any random video game either.

He's a movie director,you idiot. Ever hear of BladeRunner? Gladiator? Blackhawk Down? Not to mention the original Alien. If you want to be an effective troll,at least do some research.

He's a movie director,you idiot. Ever hear of BladeRunner? Gladiator? Blackhawk Down? Not to mention the original Alien. If you want to be an effective troll,at least do some research.

his latest forays in cinema resemble Windows 8's attempts to build a shaky bridge between crumb-filled keyboards/mice and greasy touchscreens used by Cheetos-munching neckbeards, but with Mel Gibson's drunken charisma and bad breath showcasing the product all while wearing some leftover face paint from a derelict Warner Bros. building while chanting verses from The Temple of Doom. So basically, the droppings of a stray cat without a litter box of its own having found itself upon the tossed-out stir-fry leftovers of Steven Spielberg's key grip from War of the Worlds (not that the key grip is an awful guy or anything, but he did let the stir-fry linger in the fridge for 6 whole weeks. Six!)

Seriously? Those movies are ancient history made ages ago. Who even watches movies let alone pays attention to some walking corpse that made them? I'd apologize for having better things to do than rot behind a TV screen watching those dumb things, but I don't think it's weird at all to pick something more useful than entertainment to use brain space and time thinking about. That's an old fossil pastime.

Seriously? Those movies are ancient history made ages ago. Who even watches movies let alone pays attention to some walking corpse that made them? I'd apologize for having better things to do than rot behind a TV screen watching those dumb things, but I don't think it's weird at all to pick something more useful than entertainment to use brain space and time thinking about. That's an old fossil pastime.

I don't understand why you are commenting in a thread about movies when you say you don't like movies. Since you don't like movies, are ignorant about masterpiece film makers, and apparently don't think much about TV shows, next time you see a thread about a movie or a TV show you should just skip reading/commenting in it

Im excited, huge fan of Ridley Scott.

too many people drinking the Haterade this morning.

It's not even well directed hate. He's producing, and that doesn't mean much of anything other than he knows how to get a production done, if you look at his resume for that job. It's not like it is chock full of labor's of love.

As for directing, I'm a fan in general, but I'll admit his strongest days seem to be behind him. His ratio of hitting the mark vs. missing it is getting worse.

CreepyUncleGoogle - thread-crapping for over a year now :D

I think bringing in a big name like Ridley Scott is perfect if Microsoft wants to maintain some credibility on the subject of live-action Halo productions. I just hope that it doesn't turn out to be the major disappointment that past attempts became when they never materialized. Wasn't Peter Jackson involved in that one?

Did anyone here watch the Masters of Science Fiction series that Ridley worked on? I thought they were great for documentary pieces.

Ugh, lack of edit gets me again...

Prophets of Science Fiction, not Masters of Science Fiction. Either way, entertaining and enlightening, especially the episode about Philip K. Dick...what a strange guy he was...

Back