Seasonic G-Series: G-450 Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Seasonic G-Series: G-450 Power Supply Review - Seasonic is continually short on marketing but long on performance, and we are good with that. Today's 450 watt G Series computer power supply makes more sense in this new world of lower power desktop CPUs and GPUs. Does the G-450 gives its users solid power in this lower end of the spectrum range at the right cost?

If Seasonic could hit the $60-ish mark I'd be telling them to take my money on every budget build I do. But I can't quite justify $75. I love the five year warranty though.

I like it, though I do agree it should cost about $5-10 less to separate it from the G-550. If this unit had smaller dimensions it would help its cause for smaller cases.
I have to say I do like the idea of premium low wattage. Being modular as well is really enticing. If I can find this on sale I will pick it up soon, otherwise it'll be a rated Gold 500w+ unit for slightly more.

Given that I just picked up a seasonic G-750 for 99.99$ (including instant 20$ coupon) The price is way off the mark. There's also a rebate but given how frustrating most rebates can be, I don't factor that in.

It's time to get rid of this antec neo-he 500watt. Yes it's old. The Coil whine in my audio channel is telling me its time for it to go.

Seasonic is their own best competitor as [H] has claimed before.

Last edited:
Back