3D Printer Tattoo Machine

It's a good sign that they don't show the end result right? Looked like the circle didn't quite match up at the end, likely due to arm movement...

There is no damn way I would do that. For a lot of reasons that mostly boil down to my psychological comfort.

Am I the only one who thinks tattoos are gaudy/gross? It's like a desperate cry for attention. The worst is when people tattoo shit like video game logos on them.

And you're not the only one, but you are most certainly not the overwhelming majority of years past. And as an introvert, who has a significant sized tattoo on an area that is generally covered by clothing, I can most certainly say that my tattoo is for no one other than myself. But that's just me, some people it is for the "Hey, look at me!" factor.

I've got a ton of odd occult symbols on my shoulder/bicep area, but I can easily cover them with a Polo shirt. I would never want a printer to do tattoos though. The process is way too enjoyable.

This could be great, but it would need a realtime 3D sensor system to show the controlling computer where the target area is and a depth/tension sensor to make sure it didn't penetrate too deeply. It would also need some sort of mechanism to stop periodically and wipe or wash away blood. Of course, it would also need some sort of spelling and grammar checker before starting.

It would make tattoos less of an art, where many tattoo artists certainly lack in that area, and more of an exacting mechanical process, where the worst error might be where it lagged keeping up with you when you moved and missed a line. That's fairly easily correctable by hand. Where a bad tattoo is difficult at best to correct or cover up.

We could be seeing the start of another industry revolution.

Well, the Government is going to have regulations as to the size and quality of the Barcode Tattoo's all citizens will be required to wear, so, progress? :rolleyes::cool:

It's a good sign that they don't show the end result right? Looked like the circle didn't quite match up at the end, likely due to arm movement...

Yeah that's what my eye caught too, unless they were going for a spiral pattern but judging by what they showed them drawing up in the CAD program they weren't going for a spiral.

That is crazy tattoo artists are going to have a fit if it catches on and you Kiosks next to the soda machines.

looks more like cheap 3d printer re-purposed as CNC tattoo machine.

It was a horribly mis-shapen circle, that's for sure. How embarrassing. Maybe dude's arm gets chopped off suddenly, that woulda been entertaining to see.

Hmmm.... if it was super fast maybe. Get like 3 needles going at once... would probably have to deaden your arm beforehand though

Yeah noticed that also.

Now I want to keep an eye on that site till the release episode 3 (this one being 2) to see the end result.

Yeah noticed that also.

Now I want to keep an eye on that site till the release episode 3 (this one being 2) to see the end result.

could have been a a spiral? Someone already did scarification by laser cutter, so, like no big deal or something.

could have been a a spiral?
The video clearly shows them using software which is rendering a circle. It's probably just a test though, they are "professionals" after all...

Program: Please speak your name as it appears on your current federal identity card. Document number G24L8.
Joe: I'm not sure if—
Program: You have entered the name "Not Sure". Is this correct, Not Sure?
Joe: No, it's not correct.
Program: Thank you. "Not" is correct. Is "Sure" correct?
Joe: No it's not. My name is Joe—
Program: You've already confirmed your first name is "Not". Please confirm your last name "Sure".
Joe: My last name is not "Sure".
Program: Thank you, "Not Sure".
Joe: No. What I mean is that my name is Joe.
Program: Confirmation is complete. Please wait while I tattoo your new identity on your arm.

Customer: "I'd like a tattoo of a Snake on my wanker"

Tattoo technician: "Sure, just swipe your card and stick it in the machine"

Customer: "What the hell does it mean 'target to small to detect?"

Awkward.

Back