Screenshots for Batman: Arkham Knight

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Batman: Arkham Knight is the last of the titles from Rocksteady, but last doesn’t mean it will be the least by any means. Batman: Arkham Knight will be released on October 14th on PC, PS4 and Xbox One platforms. Check out the screenshots. :cool:

Confused. There looks to be two similar characters. One the more classic BM, with the lower face exposed and the one in the posts pic. Who is that?

It is indeed the titular antagonist; Akham Knight - an original character created by Rocksteady for the Arkham series.

Looks like Batman Beyond.

batman-beyond-return-of-the-joker-batman-terry.jpg

The Rocksteady Batman games are fun, but similar. If you're not a big Batman fan you can safely leave them a year before playing and get them during a sale for less than $20.

Was this the original idea or just something that made up for this sequel?

He wasn't been in any other game or been mentioned before as far as I know. So I am assuming he was just thought up for this game itself. although who knows if they had this in mind when making the first game.

it sorta kinda looks like Azrael when he was Batman in the nineties, after the Knightfall storyline where Batman's spine was broken.

Looks pretty good, but the games just won't be the same without Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill doing the voices. :(

Batman Goodness!... They do need to include an ez mode for us older type playing on the pc. Tired of getting my son to win my boss battles :rolleyes:

He wasn't been in any other game or been mentioned before as far as I know. So I am assuming he was just thought up for this game itself. although who knows if they had this in mind when making the first game.

I doubt Rocksteady would invent a character to push into the Arkham universe. A Batman pretender that is also a villain level threat? Azrael? Looks generically stylized enough that there could be several Azraels. Arkham Knight = The Order overtaken Gotham? Valley, Lane and the Order is a backstory with a center-stage cowl competition to set as a backdrop for a sandbox Arkham game.

There is no batwing on the chest in the pic, a giant red X on the abdomen. Azrael has been DLC or otherwise teased in the Arkham universe up to this point. Rocksteady definitely has an interest in the character.

So, I'm going to one up my post and call this: Jason Todd + The Order crossover. Jason Todd has been indoctrinated. Red X, absence of bat symbol, clearly batgarb, too non-iconic to be a big player, therefore a tiny simulacra of a character. Makes sense and is a clever use of in-universe stuff for an out-of-universe game.

So, I'm going to one up my post and call this: Jason Todd + The Order crossover. Jason Todd has been indoctrinated. Red X, absence of bat symbol, clearly batgarb, too non-iconic to be a big player, therefore a tiny simulacra of a character. Makes sense and is a clever use of in-universe stuff for an out-of-universe game.

What I mean to say is Rocksteady has an interest in Azrael. Jason Todd is the only notable 'Red X'. Artwork is clearly 'goon-level' and generalized. Jason Todd/Red X simulacra created by the Order. Thus bringing in cowl battle from classic Azrael to the more recent dealings with Jason Todd. It's actually really clever even if it reaches way out of canon.

What I mean to say is Rocksteady has an interest in Azrael. Jason Todd is the only notable 'Red X'. Artwork is clearly 'goon-level' and generalized. Jason Todd/Red X simulacra created by the Order. Thus bringing in cowl battle from classic Azrael to the more recent dealings with Jason Todd. It's actually really clever even if it reaches way out of canon.

Also creates a bridge to Deathstroke who has already enjoyed a huge franchise buff.

Back