Kids Watch TV on Alternative Devices

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
If you got kids running around the casa, this will probably will come as a shock to you. Those little bastards are not watching much TV on the traditional viewing devices. But you will catch them under the covers with a smart phone in middle of the night. Maybe all those young'uns will help Amazon get their business model in line.

Last edited:
I do not find this as a surprise at all. I often find hulu or netflix with 2 users when I want to watch TV. (we only have 2 TV's, so I assume they are using the toaster.

Got two cheap no contract unactivated phones as gifts for nephews (as mini tablets). The older one is fine with traditional TV. The youngest is glued to the phone in a scary way.

TV is pretty much the thing passing generations use for fun anyway. People like me who grew up with TV addicted parents are rejecting it in favor of reading and enjoying the outside world. They were born like last century and though I luff them, they're fossils with their stupid noisy screen boxes that they leave turned on all the time and don't even watch. They always comment about how weird it is to not have TV or cable/satellite junk and they never realize that most of humans through known history didn't have TV and its a lot more weird to have it than not.

Back