Next-Gen Consoles Drive GameStop's Record-Breaking Sales

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is anyone actually surprised that GameStop went from zero to hero thanks to sales of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4?

GameStop has the new consoles to thank for the retail juggernaut's record-breaking sales year. Total global sales reached $9.04 billion, a 1.7 increase from the previous bar-setter in 2011. The company saw a profit of $354.2 million, slamming the teeter-totter back from last year's $269.7 million loss. Sales were driven by the 29.7 percent increase in new video game hardware sales from "the launches of Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4."

yeah no doubt some more BS numbers just to make things appear greater then what they are. Marketing 1-0-BS.

was the quote too much for you two to read?

last year they lost $267.7 Million. this year they made $354.2 million.

gross sales were $9.04 B which is 1.7 (I am guessing they mean billion) above they highest gross they had before.

So they are record breaking in that it is the most money they ever grossed in a year. Easy enough to understand if you aren't fucking brain dead.

Why are their margins so small? If you're pulling in $9bil in revenue and only making $350mil .. That's around 4%. Time to trim some fat.

Why are their margins so small? If you're pulling in $9bil in revenue and only making $350mil .. That's around 4%. Time to trim some fat.

Compared to the big loss last year? I think they are well on their way already.

Which is unfortunate. No offense to anyone who works for Gamestop but that place is just a meat grinder for anyone who works there and virtually steals games/systems for what they offer in trade-in and/or for cash.

Computer parts store is minimal profit too.
Only exclusive rare man work jobs are like 100% now.

Like i know a Guy that repair extremely rare brand of high class propane cooker, mostly own by rich people, he's the only certified one in town, can charge a lot lol

All they need to do is convince Sony and Microsoft to make console more than once every 71 years and they'll have themselves a viable business!

was the quote too much for you two to read?

last year they lost $267.7 Million. this year they made $354.2 million.

gross sales were $9.04 B which is 1.7 (I am guessing they mean billion) above they highest gross they had before.

So they are record breaking in that it is the most money they ever grossed in a year. Easy enough to understand if you aren't fucking brain dead.

You mad bro?

No one said anything about being unable to do calculations. So stop being suck a FUCKING ASSHOLE and jumping down peoples throats and abusing them coz you're ab asshat.

Year by year is a sort of stupid timetable when the consoles launch once a decade.

Month by month is a sort of stupid timetable when new flagship cellphones launch one a year.

Sort of like using the superbowl to represent sunday evening viewership for advertising every sunday.

Not really a huge GameStop fan, but the new consoles look okay. There's nothing that really makes me wanna run out to buy one yet. Maybe in a year or two and it sorta depends on whether or not there are games I think would be fun and if the prices come down to something more reasonable. I can see why people would want them though because they're a lot easier to have fun with than a PC and you never have to worry about the upgrade this or that part thing or update drivers or whatever else. So much simpler, but with drawbacks from not staying on the cutting edge...though since most games are console first, PC port second, the extra compute power is just money spent for nothing now.

You mad bro?

No one said anything about being unable to do calculations. So stop being suck a FUCKING ASSHOLE and jumping down peoples throats and abusing them coz you're ab asshat.

No, both of you said just that. You yourself claimed they are making up BS numbers for marketing purposes to say they are record breaking. The other person didn't know why this was record breaking for them. Which means that based on your posts neither of you read or just couldn't understood the OP.

Year by year is a sort of stupid timetable when the consoles launch once a decade.

Month by month is a sort of stupid timetable when new flagship cellphones launch one a year.

Sort of like using the superbowl to represent sunday evening viewership for advertising every sunday.

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at. when looking at loss / profit they have to announce figured more than once a decade. you have quarterly releases for numbers. The fact that there is a going to be a spike every 7 - 9 years from a console is irrelevant when looking at how are we doing as a company.

No, both of you said just that. You yourself claimed they are making up BS numbers for marketing purposes to say they are record breaking. The other person didn't know why this was record breaking for them. Which means that based on your posts neither of you read or just couldn't understood the OP.

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at. when looking at loss / profit they have to announce figured more than once a decade. you have quarterly releases for numbers. The fact that there is a going to be a spike every 7 - 9 years from a console is irrelevant when looking at how are we doing as a company.

I never said a single thing about numbers not being correct. Get your eyes checked. now apologize for being an asshole. No reason to GUESS that you dont understand what was being "got at", you just flew off the handle unjustly and abuse others. And because of this you shall be treated the same.

Go stick your head in a bucket of water for 30 minutes every half an hour.

How do those numbers work out? Pretty accurate?

Back