Apple Files For Patent On "Transparent Texting"

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is such an original and innovative idea, I can't believe the USPTO didn't approve this one the instant it was filed.

To enable a "transparent texting" system, Apple proposes that an app's background be modified to display video images continuously captured by an iPhone's rear-facing camera, according to a patent application filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Thursday.

Unless they bought up this company it has been done before in 2009 before this patent was filed and this was a 5 second search on google. I know I jailbroken there is a way to do this and there was an tweak a while ago that made the home screen "see through" as well.

although not texting, megaread does this for reading.

Unless they bought up this company it has been done before in 2009 before this patent was filed and this was a 5 second search on google. I know I jailbroken there is a way to do this and there was an tweak a while ago that made the home screen "see through" as well.

App Maker: Didn't see it as such a novel idea to warrant a patent.
Apple: Patents it.

Such trolls they are.

Oh and didn't we switch to "first to file"? So it'd make all the previous stuff non-sense. I'm sure Apple lobbied hard for that switch as it benefits the rich corporations. Individual innovators can't often afford a patent so the large corporations can see something and then rip it while legally owning the rights to it.

Pathetic copy cat and patent troll. Bunch of apps pre-existed years before such as Type N Walk, Transparent Screen, Walk N Text, etc.

So so the circle of features continues.
Apple releases new iOS.
Jailbroken users create new apps.
Apple copies those apps and includes them in the next version of iOS.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Profit.

I read that as Apple files patent on transporting text. thought that sounds about right for a stupid patent. then realized I miss read it. still isn't any better of a patent.

Oh and didn't we switch to "first to file"? So it'd make all the previous stuff non-sense. I'm sure Apple lobbied hard for that switch as it benefits the rich corporations. Individual innovators can't often afford a patent so the large corporations can see something and then rip it while legally owning the rights to it.

I don't think you understand how the new first-to-file system works... statutory bars due to prior art still apply.

Samsung had this app a long time ago, had it on the original Galaxy S.....

So I guess Apple will be suing Samsung again. How dare they violating Apple's new patent years before Apple patented it?

So so the circle of features continues.
Apple releases new iOS.
Jailbroken users create new apps.
Apple copies those apps and includes them in the next version of iOS.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Profit.

X every corporation n the planet.

I don't think you understand how the new first-to-file system works... statutory bars due to prior art still apply.
not surprisingly, as with most patent discussions around here the responses are completely detached from how the patent system works in general. patens aren't about *ideas* but rather implementations. the idea of a transparent texting system has been around but we don't know how apple is implementing it.

Back