Anti-Video Game Senator Arrested on Bribery and Corruption Charges

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hah! This couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Bwahahahahahaha! :D This better not be an early April Fool's joke.

We're getting word that State Sen. Leland Yee was reportedly arrested this morning on bribery and corruption charges, according to NBC News. The senator was indicted this morning as the FBI conducted a slew of raids in San Francisco's Chinatown District, including the offices of Gee King Tong Free Masons. SFPD Officer Gordon Shyy confirmed to SF Weekly that the FBI is serving arrest and search warrants as we type.

Gerrymandered elected politician who gets people to vote for him due to his last name an ethnicity gets arrested in a language that most of his voting block doesn't understand... unless he physically gets barred from running for office he'll still get reelected.

FYI, this is the douchebag that supposed slaughtered sharks for their fins and called a ban on it an attack on Asian culture

what hilarious is over on ar15.com there is the same thread, except video games is replaced with "Anti-2A"

Im more concerned with the latter, but censoring video games is for the birds as well. So sick of all these corrupt politicians, hopefully he dies in prison

Gerrymandered elected politician who gets people to vote for him due to his last name an ethnicity gets arrested in a language that most of his voting block doesn't understand... unless he physically gets barred from running for office he'll still get reelected.

FYI, this is the douchebag that supposed slaughtered sharks for their fins and called a ban on it an attack on Asian culture

No, he's termed out from his current position and was going to run for sec. of state of CA or something like that.

This is just a politically motivated attack to sour the reputation of the Senator. It's just to take the limelight away from the good that he has done for the people. He shall overcome this attack and continue working for the people who voted him and entrusted him into the position

;)

This is just a politically motivated attack to sour the reputation of the Senator. It's just to take the limelight away from the good that he has done for the people. He shall overcome this attack and continue working for the people who voted him and entrusted him into the position

;)

Yup, it's just the work of the right-wing President, attacking members of the other part...wait. It's the work of California's right-wing governo...damnit!

;)

Dude...you're good. ;)

No, he's termed out from his current position and was going to run for sec. of state of CA or something like that.

Ah I see, well then there's a chance he won't get re-elected, hopefully whomever runs against him uses these corruption and bribery charges against him. There's a lot of dirt on top of that that might make him unpopular with voters, plus the state isn't mostly Asian so no way he's getting away with winning that way.

nelson-muntz.gif

That is all.

Ah I see, well then there's a chance he won't get re-elected, hopefully whomever runs against him uses these corruption and bribery charges against him. There's a lot of dirt on top of that that might make him unpopular with voters, plus the state isn't mostly Asian so no way he's getting away with winning that way.

Funny you should mention that, since he's already a criminal in Hawaii(got busted shoplifting a few years ago), and I recall something about soliciting a prostitute in SF not too long ago as well.

Since he's done with the district area type stuff and would need to move onto state-wide positions to stay on politics, hopefully this will finally end his career.

Was pulled over twice in the red light district as police thought he was trolling for prostitutes. Talked to him and let him go both times; he chalked up both to a "misunderstanding".

Funny you should mention that, since he's already a criminal in Hawaii(got busted shoplifting a few years ago), and I recall something about soliciting a prostitute in SF not too long ago as well.

Since he's done with the district area type stuff and would need to move onto state-wide positions to stay on politics, hopefully this will finally end his career.

Corruption and bribery ending a Democrat's career? And in California, where the sheep line up for their daily dose of kool-aid?

Good joke! :rolleyes:

I forgot one political party had a monopoly on corruption.

One doesn't, but it sure seems like the D's fare a lot better than the R's when they get caught. Of course, it helps having the entire media-complex, with exception of a few at Fox News, on your side.

He is running for SoS, a state-wide office of course, and this arrest is pretty much the end of that bid for him. He was one of several candidates on the ballot (3 are Democrats, 4 or so are Republicans and there's one or two other). The primary is in June. Unfortunately this clears the way for Alex Padilla, pretty much a life long politician shuttled between LA City Council and Sacramento, to be the next state SoS.

lol full neocon assault. Quick blame the poors and maybe some brown people, then make a poorly informed statement regarding the economy.

i did not know till recently that there was a state senate in cali. I thought states only had senators and reps, but here is an extra bullshit category of "state senators"

just another waste of tax dollars

i did not know till recently that there was a state senate in cali. I thought states only had senators and reps, but here is an extra bullshit category of "state senators"

Seriously? Every state except for 1 has a 2-chamber legislative body, usually called Senate/House just like at the federal level. Civics...

Do you really understand so little about politics in the US? Yes, most states have their own 2 house legislature.

The difference is that if he was a republican it would be a huge headline and breaking news "REPUBLICAN Leland Yee" but instead when it's a Democrat you know the major news outlets will bury the story as much as possible. This is why people are jumping out of their chairs to point out that it's a Democrat, because we all know that nobody else will.

I hope it sticks....was never a fan of Senator Yee (not only an anti-video game nut but an anti-gun nut as well).

Pretty sure he was just huge on the nanny state (unless he got enough $ from the corporation in question to be against it). I think he was the one a few years back proposing ticketing skiers/snowboarders who didn't wear helmets.

A senator is found to be corrupt, tonight at 10.

And in other news, the sky was reported to be blue according to 70% of people surveyed. Of the remaining 30%, 10% did not know what the sky was, 15% did not know what color blue was, and 5% were colorblind.

Certainly not. But getting caught is not quite the career ender for a Dem politician as it is a Republican politician depending on what it is. Hell, if a Republican that is not a bible thumper will face calls from the left to step down over infidelity.

If you guys are interested, here's the affidavit for the case http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelibrary/1385/Complaint_Affidavit_14-70421-NC.pdf

So far I'm on page 77 and Yee is involved in money laundering, gun trafficking, his associates(one of them being a campaign fundraiser of his) putting hits on people(at least 3 times), piles of cocaine, international smuggling of metals and booze to or from china(I'm not entirely sure which way, I'm only skimming through it).

This dude is DONE. LOL.

oh wow, cigarette smuggling, Yee meeting some arms dealer to setup sales of up to 2.5 million dollars worth of guns and then launder the money so Yee could make a cut, arms deals from the phillipines, shipping container of guns, Yee discussing hiding out in the phillipines, guns shipped from the phillipines to New Jersey, then to Africa...

And it starts out with some $5000 or so campaign contributions, but reads like a hollywood movie, all taking place over only a couple of years. What a totally corrupt dirtbag.

Sooo . . . he pushed gun bans so legal weapons sales wouldn't be able to compete with his smuggled arms? Well thought-out business plan he had there :p

If you guys are interested, here's the affidavit for the case http://www.cand.uscourts.gov/filelibrary/1385/Complaint_Affidavit_14-70421-NC.pdf

So far I'm on page 77 and Yee is involved in money laundering, gun trafficking, his associates(one of them being a campaign fundraiser of his) putting hits on people(at least 3 times), piles of cocaine, international smuggling of metals and booze to or from china(I'm not entirely sure which way, I'm only skimming through it).

This dude is DONE. LOL.

sounds like a story straight from Sons of Anarchy.

sounds like a story straight from Sons of Anarchy.

Dunno, don't watch that. I do know that based off of what I read skimming through that 130+ pages, that dude had more going on than everything in lethal weapon 1-4 combined.

Couldn't happen to a better dirtbag. At least he doesn't have to worry about gun rights anymore, convicted felons don't have any.

Back