New Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda has put out a new Wolfenstein: The New Order trailer today called "On a train to Berlin." I don't want to ruin it for you buy it looks like BJ Blazkowicz is on a train with heading to Berlin. Oh yeah, and there are probably Nazis in this game too. :) Watch the trailer here.

if they have some multiplayer action I'm totally in.

game looks great -- day one purchase for me if they don't do something uber stupid like fuck it up.

HmmMMmm I like the darkness of the characters, this could prove interesting and challenging. As much as I want a new good FPS I hope it has a nice long SP Campaign. Must beta test however I do not pre order or make purchases until the initial couple patches are out to fix the junk.

I hope there is a mode where I can be the Mech.

Really looking forward to this one. Probably a day 1 buy or pretty close to it.

horrible blurry textures on that coffee machine, horrible song choice... ew... but the facial texture/animation was pretty decent. Beyond that, the trailer did nothing for me

I thought Rage looked pretty damn good and was good game. I'll get this one, looks like fun.

Do the Nazi's all get plastic surgery? She looked a little too Joan Rivers for me. (insert "Fashion Police" state joke here)

will buy once it hits 5.00, which would probably be a few months after launch :rolleyes:

will buy once it hits 5.00, which would probably be a few months after launch :rolleyes:

Which is most often why games come out on consoles only. I will not buy this right away and I usually wait for a sale anyways. (Sales are different from being cheap.) Amazon usually has the games on sale and I do not mind saving a few dollars.

I have enjoyed playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein again recently. Hopefully, I will enjoy this one as well.

Wait and see. If it is like the last Wolfenstein game, I don't think I would buy at $5. 20 minutes in and I was uninstalling it.

That is the widest damn train I've ever seen. Amazing what they can fit into 4' 8.5" (international gauge) Even Hitlers proposed Breitspurbahn plan was only 9' 10.125" (which was never built) That's still a heck of a wide carriage for such a gauge.

Not having multiplier went from a day one full price purchase to if I get bored and have 20 dollars to blow. I remember playing some old school return to castle wolfenstein multi and having a ball. Same game with a new engine would be great... too bad every developer these days seems to strip out or omit all the things we ACTUALLY want.

Not having multiplier went from a day one full price purchase to if I get bored and have 20 dollars to blow. I remember playing some old school return to castle wolfenstein multi and having a ball. Same game with a new engine would be great... too bad every developer these days seems to strip out or omit all the things we ACTUALLY want.

To be honest, once Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory was released, the multiplayer part of RTCW died. I personally prefer single player games and have no issue with a game being single player only.

Game developers do give us what we want. However, you have to choose the game that has want you want that the developer provided.

I prefer SP to developers wasting resources on MP that will never take off. I enjoyed the last one, hope this is on steam

That was the first thing I noticed when the video started playing. Makes me wonder if the developers have ever been on a train in their lives.

Clearly you've never been in trains to house Nazi mechs.

If you can put lead down range at a nazi, it'll sell and sell well.

I mean, who doesn't enjoy putting lead down range at those bastards?

That was the first thing I noticed when the video started playing. Makes me wonder if the developers have ever been on a train in their lives.

Well, the Wolfenstein series has incorporated "planned but never actually implemented" German technology before...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breitspurbahn

This is just a fictional extension of that. (And the rail gauge linked was even originally proposed to be wider - so maybe they're just going with that...)

I must say, it doesn't show much of the game, but I *DO* like the tone in it.

few things i didn't like. right at the start there was some horrible texture on the guy's jacket. his back facing the camera, it looked bad. it looked like the coffee went from brown to blue after it was in the cup.
the lady said "this is the last card", but still holding lots of cards. the lighter that the guy had looked like one of those cheap, plastic ones you buy at a gas station. i thought back then all they had were metal zippos?

Separating technical critiques from content ones...

few things i didn't like. right at the start there was some horrible texture on the guy's jacket. his back facing the camera, it looked bad. it looked like the coffee went from brown to blue after it was in the cup.

Hadn't noticed those (watched on my phone,) hopefully those get resolved by release time.

the lady said "this is the last card", but still holding lots of cards. the lighter that the guy had looked like one of those cheap, plastic ones you buy at a gas station. i thought back then all they had were metal zippos?

Maybe it was a "how many card pairs do you go through before you 'fail' three choices?" thing... Maybe there was no official "start" and "end", and she is just messing with BJ... Maybe if you pick differently, she keeps going? No idea - but not necessarily a technical or 'plot' issue - could be a purposeful choice.

**SPOILER WARNING** (And by "Spoiler", I mean "detail mentioned on the home page of the game.") The game takes place in 1960. And there were more lighter choices than just Zippo even in the '40s.

Right now the only thing that's stopping me from pre-ordering the game is that Doom 4 beta incentive. I can't fucking wait for Doom 4 MP but I don't want them thinking they can trick me into paying to test THEIR fucking game.

I loved RAGE and I still believe it looks better than this new Wolfenstein. Crossgen sucks.

Facial animation was really nice nice, but textures were bad. I mean c'mon, your trailer opening shot and the coffee machine (particularly the handle) looks like its from 1998.

The textures do look not-so-great... hopefully that's something that will be improved on later. As for the tone... it seems there's an infiltration element going on here, and some rather dangerous psychological play as well, so there's going to be more than just run and gun to the game play. I'm certainly not sold on the game, but I am curious to see more.

Back