Apple's New Patent Lets Siri Control Your Home

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whoa, where does Apple come up with these fantastic ideas? It's like from a futuristic movie or something. :rolleyes:

The US Patent and Trademark Office officially published a series of 38 newly granted patents for Apple Inc. today. In this particular report we cover a powerful new invention that has come out of the blue. It could apply to a future version of Siri that is designed to work with distributed sensors that a user could place throughout their home, Office or beyond.

I tried a voice-controlled around the home product at a trade show in 2003. Certainly didn't work that well and it wasn't very intelligent, but what the freak. How many people at the USPTO have suddenly treated their family to iOS devices in the past five years?

This stuff has existed for years besides prior art. Heck Google held a trade show on devices they were co creating to make it easier on people to tinker.

Even though it's obvious it's prior art and patent trolling there's a lot of bias favoring Apple due to 401K and investment funds that have AAPL. As disgusting as Apple is behaving, losing your investment is worse.

With Google & Apple both getting into this field and applying their shotgun approach to patents (fire off hundreds in the hope that a few slip through) this will only slow adoption and increase costs. A real shame as this kind of technology could really improve lives.

INNOVATION. Step back dummies! Apple is INNOVATING!

Anyone who claims Apple invented stuff is a true fanboy. What they do is take previous technologies that were a great idea but failed, and make them useful to people. Take a look at the fingerprint scanner. mi7chy loves to always spam his picture of that old phone, but it wasn't practical. Same with the Atrix. That's the one thing Apple is good at and the blind haters act the same way the fanboys do, just in opposite extremes.

I thought Prior Art don't matter anymore. Not that it mattered before, but yea....

Didn't Bill Gates have one of his concept houses outfitted with something like this several years back? He was a strong proponent of voice control.

This shit is from Looney Tunes.

Bugs bunny is going to resurrect Jobs just to kick his ass.

All while Bugs is in a dress.

Even though it's obvious it's prior art and patent trolling there's a lot of bias favoring Apple due to 401K and investment funds that have AAPL. As disgusting as Apple is behaving, losing your investment is worse.

Hold on. WHAT?! Where are you getting your investment information, patentlyapple.com???

ahh.. THAT site. apple could shit a turd and that site would hail it as the second coming...

I've got an iPhone with Siri. There's a local Chinese food place that's delicious as all heck called, "New Panda II". We have them deliver often enough that there's an entry in my phone for it. Every single time I call, the exact same thing happens.

*Boing*
Siri, call New Panda II.
*Ding*
"Okay, from now on, I'll call you, 'Panda Two'. Is this okay?"

Siri's nifty and all, but she often ends up costing me more time than doing it the old-fashioned way.

"Open the garage bay doors, Siri!"
"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
With Google acquiring Nest, can you imagine the bitch fit that Siri will throw if you ask her to change the temperature via Google Nest? :eek:

Back