Survey Reveals Next-Gen Console Issues

HardOCP News

[H] News
As a member of the PC Master Race, I am happy to report that none of these issues has ever happened to me. Ever. No...really, I swear. ;)

Users of any electronic device have inevitably had to deal with their device freezing every once in awhile and needing to be rebooted, and is not necessarily a deal-breaking issue if it happens rarely and does not happen often.

Thanks in large part to the patience I've developed over many years of being a PC enthusiast, it doesn't even register with me when my devices aren't working properly. Reboot and move on with my life. This goes for everything from consoles, to phones, to cable boxes. I just don't even notice anymore.

Problems have been, are, and always will be a part of the equation regardless of ecosystem.

Thanks in large part to the patience I've developed over many years of being a PC enthusiast, it doesn't even register with me when my devices aren't working properly. Reboot and move on with my life. This goes for everything from consoles, to phones, to cable boxes. I just don't even notice anymore.

Problems have been, are, and always will be a part of the equation regardless of ecosystem.

Pretty much this all day.

I use PC's, consoles, tablets, phones you name it. I am a gamer and I enjoy Games. System froze..reboot. Doesn't even hit my radar unless it starts looping honestly.

Pretty much this all day.

I use PC's, consoles, tablets, phones you name it. I am a gamer and I enjoy Games. System froze..reboot. Doesn't even hit my radar unless it starts looping honestly.

Hell, sometimes getting games to work is part of the fun. :D

A game in itself right :)

Exactly. Although it's been getting significantly better in recent memory. The last thing I remember even having a struggle with was Ghostbusters... The game didn't like that I had 2 audio outputs available for some reason. Disabled the HDMI audio output of my video card and the game was working immediately...

I almost long for the days of having to create a DOS floppy with alternate himem configurations sometimes.

It might be normal for us PC plebs, but for an Apple user, or a grown up man with responsibilities, this is unacceptable!

/s

Exactly. Although it's been getting significantly better in recent memory. The last thing I remember even having a struggle with was Ghostbusters... The game didn't like that I had 2 audio outputs available for some reason. Disabled the HDMI audio output of my video card and the game was working immediately...

I almost long for the days of having to create a DOS floppy with alternate himem configurations sometimes.

Getting games to work in the early 90s lead me to a long career in IT.

Welcome to the club!

Between gaming and breaking the PC and needing to get it fixed before I found myself at the wrong end of my dad's belt, I got really proficient with computers.

It might be normal for us PC plebs, but for an Apple user, or a grown up man with responsibilities, this is unacceptable!

/s

Apple users don't have it much easier these days. They're being a lot more relaxed with what hardware can run what version of MacOS it would seem. They need to find a way flush the lower-spec systems before things get ugly for them. That includes laptops, desktops, and phones. There's no way a MBP from 2009 would be running 10.9 if Jobs was still around.

Welcome to the club!

Between gaming and breaking the PC and needing to get it fixed before I found myself at the wrong end of my dad's belt, I got really proficient with computers.

This all day long. Got our first computer (386SX-20MHz) and the parents had very little to do with it other than my mom typing up stuff for school and my dad playing computer games on it sometimes.

Meanwhile I was curious about the two page handwritten commands that the guy who installed our computer from the local computer store had written up was all about. So started typing them...hmm I wonder what delete means....del c:/win.exe oops, now Windows wont run. Well, I know what delete means now! Umm, now to fix it before I get found out!

They forgot the one where the XBOne logs off when you don't want it to.
-Stop speaking the user's name, "Xboxlogoff".
:)

I'm always amazed how many people will ask me for troubleshooting advice without having first tried a reboot. Phones seem to be the biggest culprit lately. I think most people have trouble with the concept of a phone not being an appliance.

Doom with IPX/SPX for multiplayer. Good times. Novell had a Space War type of game that was fun, too. Came with Netware Lite, I believe.

Before the networking stuff, though, I loved getting Leisure Suit Larry and other games I wasn't supposed to play working. I had a friend that loved to copy games for me (and Windows 2.0).

not necessarily a deal-breaking issue if it happens rarely and does not happen often.

People will think your writing is better if you do refrain from redundancy and do not say the same thing over again.

People will think your writing is better if you do refrain from redundancy and do not say the same thing over again.

Wow, good catch haha. Just went back and read my post and what an atrocious mess. Sorry about that, was doped up on cold meds yesterday. :eek:

Back