Titanfall DLC Plans Now Revealed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Respawn has released some additional information on the upcoming Titanfall Season Pass and the three DLC content packs that will be included.

The Titanfall content packs will of course contain new maps, but while Respawn knows that the packs will contain additional content, it is not yet known what additional content will make up the release.

Back in the good ole days of video gaming, they used to wait till you got the box home, and at least installed in on your computer before they started bending you over the table and raping you.

Just imagine how much better each game could have been if instead of a team working on DLC before it's ever released, they worked on the actual fucking game?

It wouldn't be an ea game without dlc............ea has killed mods all by themselves. Reason? The mods actually fix shit and make a better game. See Desert Combat.

Anywho, not buying this game at launch. Never buying an ea game at launch.

But it's not day 1 DLC amirite? I mean - it's day 1 DLC, that you have to WAIT for :rolleyes:

I'll pass TYVM

They can't control themselves. They had to do this shit.

I miss expansions. This incremental DLC crap just fucks over the playerbase. It gets way too fragmented.

DLC (especially Day 1 and Season Passes) has really started to make me lose interest in gaming. I bought the least amount of games last year since my Atari 2600 days. If I know I'm not getting the whole game at release I just don't see any reason to bother buying it.

I don't buy EA games anyway.

They lost me as a customer over that Dragon Age crap.

I've watched many reviews where they explicitly said that they were not going to nickel and dime people, And that it would be a complete game on launch, So much for that shit.

I remember when Dice said they wouldn't do paid maps for DLC. Well, I guess that Premium shit isn't technically map packs. :rolleyes:

This game is shit anyways, so it saves those who aren't going to buy it now from a shit game.

Too bad, I wanted to play this game. Leave that nickel and diming to mobile games (still don't like that crap) and F2P mmo's no one wants to play.

Good thing that I didn't get accepted into closed beta. Because when it became open beta, I didn't play it. I was boycotting it. Now this shows how they're following the way COD has been following. Glad I didn't waste my money :D

This is just an xbone game anyways. Not like they tried to make a cutting edge PC multiplayer so who gives a shit.

If you like your complete retail games, you can keep your complete retail games.

DLC and microtransactions are different things. Personally I don't really consider DLC (when in the form of map packs or other larger content packs) to be nickel and diming a customer. Season passes are a nice way for them to offer these. That way you get all expected DLC at a cheaper rate. Now when you are charged $3 / player for a fighting game or $4 per car in a racing game that is nickel and diming people.

Yes I do wish that a game would be released as being finished without any other content packs instead of having 2 or 3 DLC packs later on. But at the same time it is a way for a game to stay alive between version releases.

But at the same time it is a way for a game to stay alive between version releases.

I remember the days when games were kept alive by free high-quality content provided by enthusiastic fans, before the engines were locked down in the interest of keeping the game "alive" with paid DLC. I also remember when games did not have to be kept alive between "versions," because instead of having to play the old "version" while waiting for the next $60 new "version" of the game, we actually got an entirely new game as a sequel.

I do not mind buying DLC - but you better give me a good value if you want me to buy it. And you better sell me a complete game if you want me to buy the core game itself in the first place. EA does neither.

One game i was considering getting, but guess not now, and i dont usually buy new games or really look forward to them at all.

It wouldn't be an ea game without dlc............ea has killed mods all by themselves. Reason? The mods actually fix shit and make a better game. See Desert Combat.

Anywho, not buying this game at launch. Never buying an ea game at launch.

Thank you!..i'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers the real reason why Battlefield became a franchise, It sure as shit wasn't because of BF2 that is for sure. The main reason why I will never buy another BF games post BF2 is because with Bad company and BF3+ EA just took a huge shit on the community that actually Made BF popular. Mods sold more copies of BF1942 than the game ever did before that and even Dice/EA admitted that.

So really the crap with Titanfall doesn't terrible surprise me. Quite honestly FPS today are anti-competitive, anti-skill, bad friendly carebear fests designed to milk money out of people who want to pretend they are good without putting in the hours becoming good. They have bought into the whole unlock/rank/achievement bullshit system that pats you on the back every time you scratch your nuts.

I remember the days when games were kept alive by free high-quality content provided by enthusiastic fans, before the engines were locked down in the interest of keeping the game "alive" with paid DLC. I also remember when games did not have to be kept alive between "versions," because instead of having to play the old "version" while waiting for the next $60 new "version" of the game, we actually got an entirely new game as a sequel.

I do not mind buying DLC - but you better give me a good value if you want me to buy it. And you better sell me a complete game if you want me to buy the core game itself in the first place. EA does neither.

What I meant was you go buy some game before and once the single player was done you didn't have much reason to go back. Then game 2 would come out a few years later and you would play that. But between those games there was nothing to bring you back to it. Now with DLC you get through the single player game. Then 4 - 6 months later you have some extra few hours of game play added. Then 4 - 6 months after that you get another few hours to bring you back. Then later another few more hours. then before much longer the next game is out and you have had something for that game to keep you busy, give you small pieces of content to keep you playing the game and keep everything in your mind.

I have plenty of games that I got, beat then never looked back on till the sequel. I really can't think of any game that has ever kept me playing it from day 1 of its release to day 1 of its sequel's release. But I do agree about there needing to be value for it. At times I might pick up a few DLC packs for games but I don't always find myself thinking they are worth it. Depends on the game and how much I think the extra gameplay will bring me enjoyment wise for the game.

One game i was considering getting, but guess not now, and i dont usually buy new games or really look forward to them at all.

I don't know why you or anyone else is surprised by this. Just about all games now have DLC no matter who makes them. If a game doesn't have DLC then it pretty much now just means the game was a failure and they don't want to continue with it. This isn't just an EA thing or did they ever say they weren't going to have DLC. they said they wouldn't have DLC for purchase on day 1. meaning you wouldn't buy the game and then be able to get some extra map pack on day 1. everything they have ready is included in what went retail. Everything they work on from this point forward is DLC.

nothing wrong with DLC for MP-based games...how else can they keep the game fresh?...people need a reason to keep playing and DLC gives that to them

At least it's reasonably priced... If it were as ridiculous as BF3/4 DLC then I'd say screw this game, too.

nothing wrong with DLC for MP-based games...how else can they keep the game fresh?...people need a reason to keep playing and DLC gives that to them

I'm not against dlc if it adds something to the game, paying for cookie cutter maps isn't one of them.

I agree, its a different scenario when its a multiplayer game, but on the other hand, exactly because its multiplayer I don't believe that we should have DLC content until about half-way through the product cycle to the next game.

Otherwise, you and your friends at work all buy the same game, but then only half of you can play certain levels/whatever because of the DLC content. That just splits up the userbase and is stupid and unnecessary.

I am not at all surprised, sometimes you just "hope" maybe this one time it could be different....and get let down every time!

I dunno, how did world of warcraft did it by throwing out expansion packs, not DLC. Although those lines can get blurred, the reality is anything that adds additional fun to a game should be some sort of major expansion not a DLC, something that adds "flair" to your game like "hats" is DLC.

Having DLC ready before a game ships... that's just fucking wrong.

Guess you never heard of Counter Strike.

OT: Was excited, now I'm not. Split community is all this game is going to be right next to battlefield.

You guys should have second thoughts on Battlefront as well.

The pricing news really killed my mojo. It's like that video that I watched, way-back-when, where a guy nailed his penis to a wooden table.

It's a bit weird charging for map packs when the game isn't even out yet? The corporate destruction of art is really depressing.

Henri:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M7ibPk37_U

This isn't Day 1 DLC people. Respawn Entertainment has already said that the people working on the DLC only just started doing so. You are paying for a full-fledged game; to not want dlc or at least expect it is silly. The only difference between this and the past is that they announced it before release and not after (when you would already have expected it).
Everything is normal people, you are just being kept in the loop and Respawn is trying to capitalize on DLC pre-orders. Big whoop.

It's also disappointing that the Collector's Edition doesn't include the season pass at a friggin cool $250. It would be great if Respawn would surprise me though. :rolleyes:

Uh... how about letting the game community make their own mods/maps? Oh wait, that would preclude a giant corporation from sucking more money out of the populace, Dracula style.

i had all intentions to buy this game just because of the fact that they said there would be no DLC or season pass.

now im thinking i might pass.

Thanks EA, for reminding me again, why I don't bother with EA games. Indie games for the win.

i had all intentions to buy this game just because of the fact that they said there would be no DLC or season pass.

now im thinking i might pass.

They said there would be no day 1 DLC. They never said there wouldn't be DLC.

DLC and microtransactions are different things. Personally I don't really consider DLC (when in the form of map packs or other larger content packs) to be nickel and diming a customer. Season passes are a nice way for them to offer these. That way you get all expected DLC at a cheaper rate. Now when you are charged $3 / player for a fighting game or $4 per car in a racing game that is nickel and diming people.

Yes I do wish that a game would be released as being finished without any other content packs instead of having 2 or 3 DLC packs later on. But at the same time it is a way for a game to stay alive between version releases.

And for games with a single player component, or valve's hat factory, I'm with you. For something where you are going to very rapidly cause there to exist games you cannot join for a multi-player only title, there's a real problem. Realistically the price of the game is the game price plus season pass price if you want any hope of it being a reasonable experience after a short while. If you do, expect your $80-100 investment to have less of a player base because of it the fragmenting.

This is the kind of thing where, IMO, everyone would have been better off offering the game now, shutting up for 6 months, releasing an expansion at $20-25 while dorpping the main game to $30, and being happy that you essentially kept the retail price near introductory price for the better part of a year while you ready your annualized release (which they will likely do anyway).

Yeah, as I get older I am starting to lose interest in these fast paced gaming things or whatever. I think I am done with gaming other than whats on my Wii-U, 3DS-XL and Star Citizen.

What!?

An EA game that has DLC, and a season pass, when will this madness end (that has been going on since 2008)?

:rolleyes:

If they just bundled all three DLC options together and sold it as an Expansion Pack instead of a "Season Pass" they'd avoid a lot of this ire. I like expansion packs, but it puts a bad taste in my mouth when they start talking about DLC immediately after the game ships (or even before it, in the case of many EA games).

I am gonna start this out just like everyone else...

I remember
I remember the days
I remember the days when games like UO, AC, EQ, WoW were delivered as a complete game.
No DLC's, you had to buy the CD/DVD to install the EXPANSION so the game will grow, change, or evolve

So instead of buying an expansion pack we buy DLC's instead.
Whether they choose to make the extra data small, or enough to change an entire world is up to them.

Nothing has changed. We now call expansions DLC's and instead of waiting a year or more for a huge expansion, they chopped them down to small pieces.

Not much different, except we pay more, who would have expected inflation
?

Back