XFX XTR 750W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
XFX XTR 750W Power Supply Review - XFX in the past has generally shown to be an excellent computer power supply brand to go with in terms of overall quality and performance. Today we review its XTR 750 watt PSU that comes with "The XFactor." That means we have "EasyRail Plus Technology," the "Total Thermal System," and "Ultra Quiet Fan Design."

I was just wondering if in the future your team of power supply reviewers could make it simpler for noobs by making the information a bit more real-world like as you do with video cards. By this I mean putting cards in a system and/or giving an indication of what kind of cards it will run such as; 2 290X cards overclocked. I know this is vague but maybe as an alternative you could produce some type of indicator.

The PSU calculators I have seen are all over the board so I think I get the idea of the complexity of doing this but just wondering if the braintrust at [H]ardocp could come up with something.

Over the years I have abandoned other "Top Rated" sites and made this my number one site for my self and to recommend to others. Maybe an indicator of this type can even drive more traffic in your direction.

Thanks for all of your good work I have benefited from in the past and will continue to benefit from in the future.

I was just wondering if in the future your team of power supply reviewers could make it simpler for noobs by making the information a bit more real-world like as you do with video cards. By this I mean putting cards in a system and/or giving an indication of what kind of cards it will run such as; 2 290X cards overclocked. I know this is vague but maybe as an alternative you could produce some type of indicator.

The PSU calculators I have seen are all over the board so I think I get the idea of the complexity of doing this but just wondering if the braintrust at [H]ardocp could come up with something.

Over the years I have abandoned other "Top Rated" sites and made this my number one site for my self and to recommend to others. Maybe an indicator of this type can even drive more traffic in your direction.

Thanks for all of your good work I have benefited from in the past and will continue to benefit from in the future.

No that will not happen. The experience review strategy that we employ with other products simply does not apply well with PSUs. Best I can tell you is to hit the summary page and make a call from there.

What cards a power supply can run doesn't indicate the quality of the overall unit. I'm glad your idea was shot down.

Look at the power figures that are posted in the video card reviews. That will give you an idea what kind of PSU you need for a similar system.

Well, i was waiting for the XTR to come out in Canada before i bought one, but this review steered me to the XFX Black Edition instead.

Thanks Paul and Kyle!

[F]ail for using the word "XFormance"

But great review. A bit too late, I would have bought this for a recent upgrade had it been around.

Looks good to me as I already have the XFX XTR 650W version in my rig. I think it is pretty stellar and the hybrid fan does indeed make it very quiet, even if you turn that feature off it is still one of the most quite power supplies I have ever had. Powers the rig in my sig.

Nice review as always.

Maybe I missed it but where is the big [H]ocp Green Checkmark?

Back