New ACER 27 Inch Monitor K272HUL

What technology does it use? The 178 degree viewing angle implies IPS or VA but I can't find a definite answer.

What technology does it use? The 178 degree viewing angle implies IPS or VA but I can't find a definite answer.

I saw it on newegg business yesterday and I recall it being an MVA panel. Not sure how that compares to an IPS panel though.

=DEAD= reviewed (use Google or Chrome to translate) the B276HUL and it suffered from cross-hatching and had high input lag for a multi-input 1440p monitor (30ms). Lower your expectations.

New Egg claims it uses an AHVA panel which is AUO's version of IPS/PLS. It probably won't have cross-hatching issues since cross-hatching is a semi-glossy AH-IPS and Eizo FG2421 exclusive issue.

Last edited:
"The impressive 100,000,000:1 maximum contrast ratio provides bright whites and dark blacks"

What utter tripe.:rolleyes:

=DEAD= reviewed (use Google or Chrome to translate) the B276HUL and it suffered from cross-hatching and had high input lag for a multi-input 1440p monitor (30ms). Lower your expectations.

Neg Egg claims it uses an AHVA panel which is AUO's version of IPS/PLS. It probably won't have cross-hatching issues since cross-hatching is a semi-glossy AH-IPS and Eizo FG2421 exclusive issue.

It's a great deal, I hope it turns out to be a good value, otherwise I'll get the Dell

Not really; multi-input PWM and cross-hatching free 1440p monitors can be purchased from ebay with 3 year Squaretrade warranties, easily exchange-able Monoprice monitors and the HP ZR7240W can be purchased for around 450$. Acer is being competitive. Interested in knowing how the Acer compares with the BenQ BL2710PT and new Qnix QX2710 DPMulti True10 (PWM Free and it supports 4K @30hz) and Yamakasi Q270 Jupiter since they all use non-reflective AHVA panels.

The U2713HM one of the worst 1440p monitors due to the quality control and revision variances issues.

Last edited:
Not really; multi-input PWM and cross-hatching free 1440p monitors can be purchased from ebay with 3 year Squaretrade warranties, easily exchange-able Monoprice monitors and the HP ZR7240W can be purchased for around 450$. Acer is being competitive. Interested in knowing how the Acer compares with the BenQ BL2710PT and new Qnix QX2710 DPMulti True10 (PWM Free and it supports 4K @30hz) and Yamakasi Q270 Jupiter since they all use non-reflective AHVA panels.

The U2713HM one of the worst 1440p monitors due to the quality control and revision variances issues.

Well my Crossover went kaput a few months back and the Achieva Shimian QH2700 I purchased last week was DOA. I'm now done with korean monitors. What would you recommend that has an IPS panel and glossy or semi glossy display?

Well my Crossover went kaput a few months back and the Achieva Shimian QH2700 I purchased last week was DOA. I'm now done with korean monitors. What would you recommend that has an IPS panel and glossy or semi glossy display?

If you purchased your Crossover from Accessorieswhole they might send you a replacement PCB for free. Should be able to return the QH2700 for free and get a refund...and it sucks anyway since it lacks proper brightness controls and has awful black levels. Squaretrade warranty FTW.

This Monoprice monitor is the name brand glossy 1440p monitor available in North America. The HP ZR2740W, BenQ BL2710PT, Viewsonic VP2770 and Eizo EV2736W are the best semi-glossy monitors. The EV2736W is glow free.

Thanks for the heads up NCX - just finished reading your review and I think I will pick up the BenQ.

In a side-by-side image of a red car comparison of the BenQ BL2710PT and Qnix 2710 the BenQ looks noticeably washed-out, almost TN-like.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/10570519353_244ca70e3d_o.jpg

Last edited:
My Qnix is special since it is glow and PWM free. The BenQ's viewing angles and glow are normal.

I ended up pulling the trigger on the K272HUL. I can't say I am disappointed. I am by no means a graphics professional but it servers my need for office work and casual gaming. Speakers sucks big time though.

Back