Batman: Arkham Knight

I don't like the look of the Batmobile or Harley the rest is amazing however. The batsuit design is interesting. It looks look their drawing bits of inspiration for it from various iterations of Batman. It's neat.

This is maybe what Origins should have been.. it wasnt a bad game but felt not as good as the first two.. but curious where this is supposed to be, after Origins or ?

This is maybe what Origins should have been.. it wasnt a bad game but felt not as good as the first two.. but curious where this is supposed to be, after Origins or ?

I'm seeing people say it's after City. This is supposed to be the finale to the Arkham storyline.

From Polygon

Batman: Arkham Knight will take place in larger Gotham City, one year after the events of Batman: Arkham City.

Looking forward to this. Love the entire series and baring any nasty deal breaker surprises, day one purchase for me.

Yeah, excited for this one - skipped Origins because it seemed more like a cash-in to the brand than a true sequel to Arkham City (plus different dev team).

Kinda disappointed that the rumoured Justice League game by Rocksteady seems to have been put on the backburner, but it's nice to have closure to the Arkham series, City was good, but definitely felt like there was more story to tell.

Also, I'm liking how it will be next gen only. Hopefully this means that the game will receive a nice graphical overhaul (and a nice big proper open box Gotham City).

I'm in. Big fan of all 3 games and actually preferred Origins to City.

Bringing back Kevin Conroy for the voice of Batman. IMO he IS the voice of Batman.

Yeah, excited for this one - skipped Origins because it seemed more like a cash-in to the brand than a true sequel to Arkham City (plus different dev team).

Kinda disappointed that the rumoured Justice League game by Rocksteady seems to have been put on the backburner, but it's nice to have closure to the Arkham series, City was good, but definitely felt like there was more story to tell.

Also, I'm liking how it will be next gen only. Hopefully this means that the game will receive a nice graphical overhaul (and a nice big proper open box Gotham City).

Here's hoping they've ditched UE3 in favor of something better.

Blaaaaaah , another turd rolls off the assembly line.

Just give us a Batman Beyond game.

finally the true sequel to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City...Rocksteady should be the only ones to touch the Batman franchise

I'm glad Rocksteady is continuing the Arkham story but a part of me wishes the rumors of them developing a Batman Silver Age game were true

Interesting trailer. I wonder if this is anything like the CG Assassin's Creed trailers, which demonstrate in-game abilities and settings.

A war in the streets of Gotham will be very interesting.

I'm glad Rocksteady is continuing the Arkham story but a part of me wishes the rumors of them developing a Batman Silver Age game were true

It was never a Silver Age game, it was a Silver Age "inspired" game... which was Arkham Origins, which you spent forever crapping on. Careful what you wish for, I suppose.

OK, now I also need to finish Arkham City, it's been in my backlog a while. I live the look of Asylum and City, but am not a huge fan of the combat (not a beat-em-up game fan). Any tips?

OK, now I also need to finish Arkham City, it's been in my backlog a while. I live the look of Asylum and City, but am not a huge fan of the combat (not a beat-em-up game fan). Any tips?

Right click a lot.

The main thing to remember is that you don't want to go crazy hitting the attack button too rapidly. Mash out the first 3 attacks and then each subsequent press should be slow and only once every second or two. The easiest way to handle groups of enemies is to attack the first one you see with a 1-2-3 and then aim for another person and hit the attack button once. Keep circling around (I tend to attack the furthest people away so you don't get surrounded) and don't be afraid to hit the counter button if you see someone about to attack you.
The key is not to mash, and to keep your sequence going as long as you can. After your combo streak goes past 8 you start to do massive damage and people take longer to get up. That makes it even easier to keep things rolling.

It was never a Silver Age game, it was a Silver Age "inspired" game... which was Arkham Origins, which you spent forever crapping on. Careful what you wish for, I suppose.

the rumored Silver Age game was most definitely not Origins...inspired by or in any reality...I was down on Origins mainly because the Rocksteady guys had nothing to do with it and were developing a separate game which turned out to be Arkham Knight...why WB couldn't just wait for Arkham Knight instead of rushing out the average at best Origins is beyond me...the Rocksteady team developed an amazing series of games which tapped into the mythology and history of the Batman comics that could not be replicated

the rumored Silver Age game was most definitely not Origins...inspired by or in any reality...I was down on Origins mainly because the Rocksteady guys had nothing to do with it and were developing a separate game which turned out to be Arkham Knight...why WB couldn't just wait for Arkham Knight instead of rushing out the average at best Origins is beyond me

I wonder if they started work on Origins right after City shipped with the intention of giving Rocksteady all the time they needed? Either that or they thought they could find a way to annualize it and turn into into their COD or Assassin's Creed. No matter the reasoning I really hope this truly is the last one. Batman is my favorite comic book character but I'm getting burnt out on these Arkham games. I liked the early parts of Origins but it ended up being just too much "another Arkham" game. I want to see Rocksteady try their hands at another super hero.

There seems to be a rumor going around that WB Montreal is going to do a Suicide Squad game which would sound great if it wasn't WB Montreal.

20140304144601_53162d79073be.jpg

Blah, blah, awesome, I'll buy it day one...

Here's the real question: Why did Batman's father hate Batman's mother? Husbands usually leave their worldly possessions to their wives, and in many (most?) US jurisdictions half the estate is the wife's by statute no matter what's in the will. ;)

Love the look of this. So many hints and pieces of the Burton, Nolan and previous Rocksteady Batman universes. I skipped Origins, and will likely never play it given what I've read, but THIS looks worthy.

Love the look of this. So many hints and pieces of the Burton, Nolan and previous Rocksteady Batman universes. I skipped Origins, and will likely never play it given what I've read, but THIS looks worthy.

I get the sense that they are trying to copy Nolan's ending by killing off Batman (I know he didn't really die in Dark Knight Rises)...the fact that they are hyping this game as the 'final game in the Arkham trilogy' makes me think that this might be the end of the Bat and maybe a passing of the torch (something the Nolan movies were scared to do)

man, I really don't understand all this hate towards Origins. It was a fun game. Yeah, it was not as big a step as Asylum->City. It was a bit more of the same but is that really so bad? I would definitely recommend getting it if there's a nice sale if you liked the other games. The story was decent and the boss-fights were fantastic, especially the Bane one. Detective mode was great but it could've been utilised in a much better way and in many more places.

just my thoughts.

man, I really don't understand all this hate towards Origins. It was a fun game. Yeah, it was not as big a step as Asylum->City. It was a bit more of the same but is that really so bad? I would definitely recommend getting it if there's a nice sale if you liked the other games. The story was decent and the boss-fights were fantastic, especially the Bane one. Detective mode was great but it could've been utilised in a much better way and in many more places.

just my thoughts.

Actually none of that entered into the equation. I loved Asylum and City (kind of, I felt it was a bit of rinse-repeat). What killed me re Origins was the announcement tha they were not going to patch game-breaking bugs in favor of developing DLC. At that point I said:
sad-batman.gif

tumblr_mejb95uzuC1ru3fl1.gif

LINK
Just not going to support that crap.

Actually none of that entered into the equation. I loved Asylum and City (kind of, I felt it was a bit of rinse-repeat). What killed me re Origins was the announcement tha they were not going to patch game-breaking bugs in favor of developing DLC. At that point I said:

Just not going to support that crap.

hm, yeah, I remember there being a lot of noise about some bugs. If I recall correctly, they did address those game-progression bugs. On my part, I think the only one I ever experienced was the one with one of the towers not activating and that's it. Maybe I got lucky? And actually City crashed on me a lot more than this game and now that I think of it I remember there being a lot of backlash about performence issues upon release as well. And it's not like Rocksteady fixed it all because I played it long after release (got it on Steam sale) and it still had crashes.

Either way, really excited for the new title.

Origins is a 6hr romp. It is in no way a bad game. I pre-ordered the game and beat it within the week of release. Only glitch was the 1 tower you get stuck in. It was actually a bit of fun/anger getting the clipping glitch to work unlock the tower.

I think Origins would of been better received if it release before Arkham City and I like the weapons a bit better than AC like the shock gloves.

It is funny how they call games open-world but named Arkham City. It's not even the size of a city! I'm hoping we get to see more than Gotham in this game. Batman needs to get out more! Maybe that's why they say it will be the last "Arkham" game (could only wish).

Anyone notice the 60's Lincoln batmobile from the old goofy batman show, l0l

Blaaaaaah , another turd rolls off the assembly line.

Just give us a Batman Beyond game.

Horrible Batman story line. The worst.

Anyway, I skipped Origins because of all the negative feedback. Hopefully this get's back to the quality of Asylum and Arkham City.

Horrible Batman story line. The worst.

Anyway, I skipped Origins because of all the negative feedback. Hopefully this get's back to the quality of Asylum and Arkham City.

Beyond has a slow start but it actually gets really good. It gets too much shit just because it's not as good as TAS but it was still a good show.

Another god dam batman. Come on make something new ....!

the rumored Silver Age game was most definitely not Origins…inspired by or in any reality…

Yes, it was Origins. The report was a Silver Age inspired game that involved Batman's first meeting with the Joker. Origins was Batman's first meeting with the Joker. Origins is exactly the game that Variety falsely attributed to Rocksteady in what turned out to be Arkham Knight.

Another god dam batman. Come on make something new ....!

What is it with the attitude that a sequel can't have new or different content than its predecessors?

Have been playing through Arkham City GOTY edition and the game play is fluid and fun. I was going to pre-order Origins for $44.99 but held off. Watched some 30 minute game play videos for B:Origins when it was released. The story seemed really boring. I will keep an eye on this new one though. The batmobile does look nice. I am wondering why the tires are so thin though. Is it going to a low rider competition?

Back