Apple Quote of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
The quote of the day comes from Apple's CEO. Apparently Mr. Cook doesn't like the fact that Apple's competitors are fans of Steve Jobs' belief that 'good artists copy; great artists steal.' ;)

"You can see we're getting ripped off left, right and sideways," he said.

I liked his bit about the Android OS's, he kind of has a point, but since every phone is different, with a provider version of that particular OS, it's not really Google's problem.

I liked his bit about the Android OS's, he kind of has a point, but since every phone is different, with a provider version of that particular OS, it's not really Google's problem.

Right, the same problem plagues the iOS, Apple is always good at pointing a finger hoping people don't do any research and iSheeple keep following the iCommands from the iDictators at Apple. Apple is just getting sloppy and people are being more successful at pointing out limitations of Apple products, e.g. multitasking. I know many people who have iPhones that are intentionally not upgrading to iOS 7 for one reason or another. This article just makes me laugh.

I'm not saying he is wrong in his statement about older OS's, it is just that Apple phones have a lot of issues with the same subject. Google has even changed a lot lately to combat this very subject by enforcing all new phones that run Android must be running 4.4.2 Kit Kat, where as in the past this was not the case.

The more I hear from Apple the more they sound like politicians. Say one thing mean another, hope you're stupid enough to not realize, then hope you still vote for them based off of blind brand loyalty.

QQ moar Apple.

Apple was awesome when the masses were clueless. Over time consumers became educated (even the old baby boomers) and recognized that Apple dollar-for-dollar just doesn't provide enough value to justify the premium price. As users migrate to Android Apple sheds oh-so-sweet tears.

Jobs was a great salesman, public speaker and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Cook, on the other hand, is the worst opposite. He's better off not saying anything because he normally comes off as non-technical, incoherent and just painful to listen to.

Speaking of copying. Who copied the variation of the name and fingerprint from ~2002?

84859-hp-ipaq-hx2750-fingerprint-scanner.jpg

iTunes, 'nuff said.

I can plug my Nexus 5 into a computer and it acts as a portable storage device which I can copy and move my files to and from and play virtually any media format.

Will never use another Apple device again.

Cook took pot shots at Google, saying that most users of its Android mobile operating system are using older versions, presenting a security threat. In contrast, he said, 89 percent of users of devices based on Apple's iOS operating system have the most recent version of the software.

haha!

Since when did Apple care about security threats enough to bash Google on the subject? I think this guy is drinking the same Kool Aid that Jobs used to drink.

Also, someone needs to backhand Apple and tell them to stop bitchin and start innovating. The aren't getting anywhere at the pace they're going right now.

It's tough being constantly ripped off. For chrissake, Apple's competitors are so facile at copying Apple that they're ripping off features Apple hasn't even thought of yet. Google should absolutely be sued for the notification pull-down in Android, and WebOS' multitasking is a blatant rip-off of iOS7.

Damn copiers.

I see the new CEO has the same hypocritical attitude as the old one. :rolleyes:

Seriously Mr. Cook? Get over yourself. Apple design teams are kings of copying. Apple, just like all of their competition, take an existing idea and put their own spin on it. Apple does it, Samsung does it, LG does it, Sony does it, Nokia does it, Microsoft does it. Its when they copy exactly that there is an issue, and Apple is just as guilty as every other company.

Dear Mr Cook
Go cry yourself to sleep in the corner every night for the rest of your life knowing by comparison to the man you replaced you're nothing more than a failure then, now and forever.
We all laugh as thieves get stolen from, expect no sympathy from any of us.
In regards
An educated consumer

Jobs was a great salesman, public speaker and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Cook, on the other hand, is the worst opposite. He's better off not saying anything because he normally comes off as non-technical, incoherent and just painful to listen to.

I just watched the Kutcher Jobs biopic last night. I was surprised it was so honest in how much of an a-hole jobs was. He backstabbed every one of his friends from the beginning of the film to the end. According to the film, he only excelled in talking and thinking outside the box (forward thinking). The actual implementation of anything was done by everyone else.

I just watched the Kutcher Jobs biopic last night. I was surprised it was so honest in how much of an a-hole jobs was. He backstabbed every one of his friends from the beginning of the film to the end. According to the film, he only excelled in talking and thinking outside the box (forward thinking). The actual implementation of anything was done by everyone else.

That's pretty much the way it was.

I love how he said google/android wasn't secure yet all apple devices SSL wasn't working :p

iTunes, 'nuff said.

I can plug my Nexus 5 into a computer and it acts as a portable storage device which I can copy and move my files to and from and play virtually any media format.

Will never use another Apple device again.

I got an iPad Mini from work. I'm stuck with it.

I absolutely hate it. But I was determined to be able to get out of it what I want to be able to use it for.

Just to make it barely about as useful as a standard Android phone, you have to jailbreak it.

And even then, you're horribly limited in what you can do.

You can't browse the filesystem normally and when you jailbreak to install iFile or an equivalent... you can't open a file stored elsewhere with a specific app of choice that is installable through Apple's own App Market. Any type of file that app plays has to generally be created or imported by the app itself (with very few exceptions)

VLC and a Thumbdrive via Dongle? NOT HERE.

Wanna read files off a thumbdrive? Tough shit. We're going to claim everything draws too much power. And if you find something low power enough to get through our artificial limits, we're going to try to limit what you can copy from that thumbdrive.

So... I had to jailbreak, install XBMC through third party repos in Cydia (because it's the only media player that has a built in file browsing system), luck out with one thumbdrive out of at least 15 that happens to work with the "camera connection kit"... just to watch a movie on the iPad without using iTunes.

Meanwhile, I used a standard USB OTG cable I had from the previous phone I used, stuck in the largest thumbdrive I had and it was readable on my phone. No rooting or unlocking needed. Downloaded MX Player from Play Store and was watching movies directly from the thumbdrive.

Apple designs everything to make harder to do the most trivial things.

Cook is an angry, intolerant, arrogant bean counting catch up guy. Under his tenure Apple has lost massive market share to Samsung and Android. He has castrated the Macbook Pro line to the point one might as well get an Air. He has made idiotic statements like last year's gem," Consumers don't want larger screens on their smartphones." Now they are feverishly trying to make their own. The situation is not irreversible but Cook is not the guy to do it.

Jobs wasn't better than Cook. Even if he were still alive, Apple would not be thriving. Nobody - not even Jobs - can keep a company relevant forever. Not even Jobs would be able to motivate his employees to bring significant innovation to their products forever. The better a product gets, the less you can do to improve it for the next generation. Jobs would not have magically kept the iPhone alive in ways that Cook can't. There is only so much that can be done for a phone.

Besides, it's not like Jobs himself saved Apple. He hired the right people, which counts for something, but he did not create the products. Apple zealots loved Jobs and give him credit for the work of others, just like Bill Gates is still personally blamed for problems with Windows by some people.

As for the other stuff, I agree with everyone else. Apple uses much prior technology (much of which I'd say they "steal" no less than other companies), certainly as much or more than MS, Google and other companies. Apple loves to make it sound like they own computing in general, but it's always ridiculous. But hey, their legal results speak for themselves. They might not be right very often, but being right is rarely of relevance when your legal team is as good as Apple's.

QQ moar Apple.

Apple was awesome when the masses were clueless. Over time consumers became educated (even the old baby boomers) and recognized that Apple dollar-for-dollar just doesn't provide enough value to justify the premium price. As users migrate to Android Apple sheds oh-so-sweet tears.

All agreed with, but a lot of people will still buy Apple products for whatever the looks may be at the time, the OS, etc., and still pay the premium that comes with all of that.

The same guy who said that "climate change deniers" shouldn't buy Apple stock, but who's products are produced in a country where the industrial smog is so bad that kids can't go to school and the government puts up pictures of the sun on electronic billboards to prevent depression...

Such. A. Tool.

Back