No Season Pass, Microtransactions, or Day One DLC for Titanfall

Having no season pass was an mis-tweet. They meant that there's no online pass. Unless they've clarified that again. I'm going to guess that there will be a season pass. It saves you money if you're going to buy the DLC anyway.

The only statement I've ever read from Respawn about the Season Pass question was "No news at this time". Which was the same answer they gave when people asked if there would be a beta, back before it had been announced. For other things they'll outright say "No".

So you can count on DLC, you can expect a season pass, and I wouldn't doubt they'll have a change of heart on microtransactions, or because they're savvy that microtransactions are a hot button word, will dance around it with semantics in future Burn Card packs and call it DLC.

Let's put it this way, any way to monetize Microsoft's Great White Hope, they can and they will.

Haw, this is coming from EA, I'll fucking believe it when I see it

If not day one DLC, it will be week one DLC

Multiplatform sequel in 1 year 6 months. Mark my words.

They've already stated as such. Not sure why you're acting like Nostradamus when Vince already said they don't plan on being platform exclusive on the sequel.

Multiplatform sequel in 1 year 6 months. Mark my words.

I know you are joking but the only reason Call of Duty has yearly sequels is because they have 2 (now 3 as of 2014) dev teams working on games at all times with staggered releases. And the Respawn team is smaller than your average team, which is why there is no campaign single-player mode (which most people never play with Call of Duty/Battlefield).

You know, these Titanfall videos are slowly bringing me around to the game. I'm still not buying it day one - was too badly burnt from SimCity and BF4 =/

Reasons I won't even give Titanfall a chance.

1) Requires Origin.

I need no other reasons, though being by EA certainly is a huge negative.

No day one DLC would be a nice change. Not sure I believe it though.

1) Requires Origin.

Whoops, forgot about that requirement.
Guess I'll be passing until it hits Steam.:D

To be fair, I found the season pass for Borderlands 2 to we good value. They're not always bad. Borderlands 2 started off as a game with a lot of content and the DLC added a lot more high-quality content. As a result I've actually logged 117 hours of play time in that game and enjoyed every minute.

1) Requires Origin.

Yeah, that kills it for me too. I don't care how good it might be, it's not worth it.

Titanfall runs on the Azure network not EA servers. It isn't origin but EA servers that usually f things up.

They didn't say anything about Day Two DLC, Macrotransactions, or Bi-Season pass.

1) Requires Origin.

Respawn is an independent company last I checked. EA is simply the publisher. Now I am sure EA gave them a sweetheart deal for origin exclusivity but I think you should relook at who is really in control of the game. Respawn could decide to ditch EA for their sequel I am sure. It's not like they are hurting for cash after that fat check Activision had to write them for CoD royalties.

1) Requires Origin.

I had to install origin for bf4, I seriously cant see the big deal. Its a tiny client, that launches a web page :confused: why is it so evil

1) Requires Origin.

Funny, I feel the same about steam, and prefer origin. Why do you like drm with crappy customer service vs one with real csr 's and a refund policy?

To be fair, I found the season pass for Borderlands 2 to we good value. They're not always bad. Borderlands 2 started off as a game with a lot of content and the DLC added a lot more high-quality content. As a result I've actually logged 117 hours of play time in that game and enjoyed every minute.

Agreed. DLC4 of the season pass was worth what I paid for the season pass alone.

Funny, I feel the same about steam, and prefer origin. Why do you like drm with crappy customer service vs one with real csr 's and a refund policy?

Because only nubs need constant coddling from "customer service", and more to the point Steam has games I actually want to play. I have no beef with Origin anymore, I've got BF3/BF4/Crysis3 on it and it works well enough as basically just a glorified game downloader, but the proof it's garbage is in the fact every time Origin has a "50% off anything" sale I literally cannot find anything I actually would want to play.

Because only nubs need constant coddling from "customer service", and more to the point Steam has games I actually want to play. I have no beef with Origin anymore, I've got BF3/BF4/Crysis3 on it and it works well enough as basically just a glorified game downloader, but the proof it's garbage is in the fact every time Origin has a "50% off anything" sale I literally cannot find anything I actually would want to play.

So when steam double charges you, waiting a week for a csr instead of an instant livechat is demanding coddling, to get your money back? You're hilarious. Comically so. I hope you don't manage your own money.

Ya, wasn't there already a tweet that there was a season pass with info to come?

I had to install origin for bf4, I seriously cant see the big deal. Its a tiny client, that launches a web page :confused: why is it so evil
Because it's an installed application that then dumps you to a webpage. What's the purpose for the application then? Don't get me wrong, I use Steam and have no problem with it. And honestly, I don't care that I had to install Origin to play BF4. But after it installed and I went to launch BF4, I had a "why the fuck" moment when I saw it opening a Firefox window to let me launch a game that's on my local hard drive.

Because Origin is dumbly slapped together application. Its redeeming quality is that it's not Ubisoft's Uplay.

That all being said...after the loads of beta gameplay footage, am I the only one that's not wow'd by Titanfall? I fully admit, I haven't played it. But from what I've seen, it has a lot of things in it that completely put me off from wanting to play it. I think it's going to be this year's overhyped game of the year.

Wait...
This is an EA Game right?
Hell just froze over!

Can't be EA game. You sure it's EA game? EA games are always with DLC like right away, in the game disc. It's it's it's it's

scanners40ey4zqad3.gif

... I have no beef with Origin anymore, I've got BF3/BF4/Crysis3 on it and it works well enough as basically just a glorified game downloader, but the proof it's garbage is in the fact every time Origin has a "50% off anything" sale I literally cannot find anything I actually would want to play.
Disregarding your obvious contradictory statements, you are saying the client is garbage because they don't offer sales in the games you like? SMH.... Jesus have mercy on your soul.

Because love to complain about new shit they don't understand. Give it time. In 2 years Origin will be completely accepted and they'll all look like the fucking idiots that doomsday'ed Steam it's first year in it's inception. But it's just like Steam with less features. I use both and they are fine.

Are you sure its a ea and microsoft game? Considering this is the game microsoft is pushing, im surprise its not doing more in that way. Microsoft is one of the reasons why there isnt nearly as much sales or discounts on dlc or even free maps (like bungie use to do with halo at one time).

I know you are joking but the only reason Call of Duty has yearly sequels is because they have 2 (now 3 as of 2014) dev teams working on games at all times with staggered releases. And the Respawn team is smaller than your average team, which is why there is no campaign single-player mode (which most people never play with Call of Duty/Battlefield).

Wait COD had single player? :eek:

Whoops, forgot about that requirement.
Guess I'll be passing until it hits Steam.:D

So forever it's a EA title so it will never be on steam.

I have bought games on steam that turn around and force me to use other developers launchers. Far Cry 3 I think is like that. you go to launch from steam and it just brings up the Ubisoft game launcher and from there I am able to select and launch the game. I don't buy enough games but I don't see why EA couldn't do something like that also. Sell a game on steam that still requires you to use Origin.

I have bought games on steam that turn around and force me to use other developers launchers. Far Cry 3 I think is like that. you go to launch from steam and it just brings up the Ubisoft game launcher and from there I am able to select and launch the game. I don't buy enough games but I don't see why EA couldn't do something like that also. Sell a game on steam that still requires you to use Origin.

Because then no one would use origins other services like buying games and chat etc.... Also the WHOLE point of origin is that EA is a publisher which means for many games they do nothing more than take a cut of the game in exchange for distribution. Well that is what valve does. So it makes no sense for EA to support their competition or have to pay a cut of their cut to valve.

This assumes I use Steam...I don't use it either for the same exact reasons.

When I buy a game for my PC, I expect to be able to install that game and only that game on my PC. Not a bunch of third party shit I'm forced to run in the background to ensure I didn't steal the game. I don't purchase games digitally, I don't care I want a physical copy. If they want to require Origin/steam for those that purchase digitally, then I'm good with that. I take objection to being forced to install that shit when I clearly went out of my way to avoid it.

Lol, yeah the single player in CoD has gotten stupid. CoD 1 and 2 was pretty good, 3 was decent but still had some good moments, 4 was ok but you could see the downhill of the series.

Theres two reasons why EA wont do too much for steam now: 1) They are trying to build the competitor to steam. 2) I believe part of this is still the Steam DLC issue EA had a while back. Basically they were selling the base game on Steam, then put in game where you could buy the dlc directly from ea, bypassing steams cut for it. So for the most part, ea now only puts out Game of the year or other special editions ones that include all dlc for their games on steam.

Also seem to recall GTA 4 on steam having Windows live, Rockstar thing, and Steam.

Because then no one would use origins other services like buying games and chat etc.... Also the WHOLE point of origin is that EA is a publisher which means for many games they do nothing more than take a cut of the game in exchange for distribution. Well that is what valve does. So it makes no sense for EA to support their competition or have to pay a cut of their cut to valve.

Lol, yeah the single player in CoD has gotten stupid. CoD 1 and 2 was pretty good, 3 was decent but still had some good moments, 4 was ok but you could see the downhill of the series.

Theres two reasons why EA wont do too much for steam now: 1) They are trying to build the competitor to steam. 2) I believe part of this is still the Steam DLC issue EA had a while back. Basically they were selling the base game on Steam, then put in game where you could buy the dlc directly from ea, bypassing steams cut for it. So for the most part, ea now only puts out Game of the year or other special editions ones that include all dlc for their games on steam.

Also seem to recall GTA 4 on steam having Windows live, Rockstar thing, and Steam.

Ubisoft is the same. they have UPlay or whatever the hell that thing is called. But like I said they sell the game through steam, but you can't launch the game through steam, Steam just opened up UPlay and from that you launch Far Cry 3. So I was just saying that EA could do the same. I don't know what they do now. I have EA games that I purchased on Steam, but I don't think any used Origin but used other sites that I had to create accounts on. Like Crysis.

Back