Facebook Discontinuing Its Messenger For Windows App

HardOCP News

[H] News
This must be "get rid of dead weight week" at Facebook. Don't get too excited, we're talking about apps, not people. ;)

It looks like Facebook is getting a jump on spring cleaning. Three days after shuttering its @facebook.com email service, the company said it's killing off Messenger for Windows. Though the Windows desktop app won't be discontinued until March 3rd, Facebook has already removed it from the downloads page.

I didn't even know there was a Windows app ... I only use FB Messenger from within FB or from my mobile device (not windows based) so doesn't appear to have much impact

I didn't even know there was a Windows app ... I only use FB Messenger from within FB or from my mobile device (not windows based) so doesn't appear to have much impact

Likewise.

They are probably going to integrate its functions with Whatsapp, so it is no longer needed.

Yeah, no sense really in using a separate app for functionality you already have through the browser.

Yeah, no sense really in using a separate app for functionality you already have through the browser.
It does make sense for those that don't want to see the constantly updating photo explosion just to chat with someone via facebook. It was my primary way to chat on facebook and it will be missed.

Back