Giant Traffic Directing Robot

HardOCP News

[H] News
You'd think a giant traffic directing robot would just cause more accidents. It would definitely cause more accidents here in the U.S., that's for sure. ;)

While red light and speed cameras are increasingly common in the United States, we’ve yet to see machines enlisted that look like actual robots. In Kinshasa, the capital city of Congo, two large robots are being used in place of police officers to direct traffic and pedestrians. Liquid Cooling System

So..I read headline and instantly thought "Japan"..Saw pictures and said..no Japan isn't going to build something that looks that shitty. Read article, was unsurprised.

I would not say its a joke, the idea is sound, but the design needs some work. As to using in USA it would work and people would get use to it. Add in plate identification and other sensors to capture abuse of the device that would prevent and train people to respect the devices. As I said the big thing is better design. I know recently there was a bill for plate id's shot down, but its only a matter of time between that and the Face database that police , armed forces, police dogs etc. will all be replaced with semi intelligent robots. between what Google is working on as well some defense contractors expect this in the next 10 years or less ;)

I can see it now, these Robots will worse than the robots in Elysium and the TSA combined.

No, its a joke. They are wasting money on something a traffic light could do.

I suppose it will work great, till they discover it DOESN'T have car obliterating lazors.
(pew pew)

So..I read headline and instantly thought "Japan"..Saw pictures and said..no Japan isn't going to build something that looks that shitty. Read article, was unsurprised.

I was surprised because it's the Congo, didn't realize they were so well off financially that they could set up something as stupid as this.

Back