Woman Wearing Google Glass Attacked In Bar

HardOCP News

[H] News
Honestly, the comments posted on this story are better reading than the article itself. Tough crowd. :D

“The crowd was jeering as any last call crowd would do with a fight outside of a bar,” Lester said. “She was running around very excited … and people were telling her, ‘you’re being an *** take those glasses off.”

"Say cheese"! (She smiles) "Whoa"! "OK"! "Ummm..." "Yeah, don't say cheese. In fact, don't smile." Destroys memory cartridge.

LOL. Too funny!

Ha ha ha this is the best story ever! I'm waiting for the knockoff Google Glass that looks like real glasses so I won't get noticed. Seems that she runs very fast for drunk patrons of the bar to actually remember it. :)

Hi everyone at this punk rock bar, just before closing, I'm going to record everything you guys say or do and then upload it to the Internet! It'll be fun!

... Yeah, maybe not huh, Attention Woman?

She chose a punk bar to 'demonstrate' her new toy?
The headline should read "Attention seeking blogger incites a fight at bar".

BKvohTuCIAAb-_u.jpg

F.

So apparently you can't link to Twitter images? I hate it more every day.

The most inconsequential of stories seem to become a headline simply by the presence of google glass somewhere in the "story" now.

Woman goes to gas station with google glass, buys soda from vending machine and gets back in her car ALL WHILE WEARING GOOGLE GLASS OMG

I read the linked article and there was no mention of the woman recording people as they left the bar, it sounded like people just didn't like her wearing the glasses. That or they assumed they where being recorded.

The most inconsequential of stories seem to become a headline simply by the presence of google glass somewhere in the "story" now.

Woman goes to gas station with google glass, buys soda from vending machine and gets back in her car ALL WHILE WEARING GOOGLE GLASS OMG

The big story here is somebody hanging around with punkers and not expecting a fight.

"Last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it !"

I don't see this as being an isolated incident. It will happen more often. Especially in places like bars. People don't like being recorded, and in some places it can get bad (drunk people, places where you go to escape things, privacy concerns). If I go to a bar, I want to go bitch about my wife, my job, and talk about naked chicks. Don't want to be recorded and played again somewhere else. That's my area of zen. :)

She chose a punk bar to 'demonstrate' her new toy?
The headline should read "Attention seeking blogger incites a fight at bar".

that's almost as bad as saying women deserve to be raped because they're wearing tight clothes or short skirts. There's no excuse for assault regardless of gender, period. If you think that a patron is being disruptive, you call the police or complain to the management of the establishment.

that's almost as bad as saying women deserve to be raped because they're wearing tight clothes or short skirts. There's no excuse for assault regardless of gender, period. If you think that a patron is being disruptive, you call the police or complain to the management of the establishment.

I'm sorry, man, but it's punk.

You don't put on your bed sheets and an SS arm band to go for a wander through Nigeria.

I'm not a fan of blaming the victim either, but people have to take some of the blame for their shit sometimes. She went there to find some controversy and make people angry for a story, it worked. Now she gets to live the American dream and be a victim.

Maybe she can go cry on Oprah.

Oprah loves that shit.

Oprah would be willing to disregard the fact that this woman's date started the fight.

What? How is 'attention seeking blogger' almost as bad as saying women deserve to be raped? Please explain your logic behind this statement.

Did you even read the article? I did.

"But then, the witnesses said some people inside the bar got upset about the possibility of being recorded by the glasses. Brian Lester said he watched as a man insulted Slocum, then a man accompanying her retaliated with his fists."

The whole glasshole problem may not end up being much of an issue after all as people may just self regulate the acceptability of it in a particular location as evidenced here. WTH does one wear something like that into a punk bar to begin with? Was she expecting to be embraced like if someone wore it to a nerdfest convention?

You don't put on your bed sheets and an SS arm band to go for a wander through Nigeria.

I'm not a fan of blaming the victim either, but people have to take some of the blame for their shit sometimes. She went there to find some controversy and make people angry for a story, it worked. Now she gets to live the American dream and be a victim.

Exactly. It's legal to do so, but you have to think about other peoples reaction. People always think about themselves and their own rights. They don't care if they invade someone else's rights or privacy. It's all about them.

And - a bar. Where people have been drinking and most likely place to start a fight. From the sounds of it, her friend threw the first punch after someone was mouthing off to her.

The whole glasshole problem may not end up being much of an issue after all as people may just self regulate the acceptability of it in a particular location as evidenced here. WTH does one wear something like that into a punk bar to begin with? Was she expecting to be embraced like if someone wore it to a nerdfest convention?

One of the points of these wearable cameras is that you use them to enhance your own memory by recording everything everywhere you go. Sooner or later this kind of stuff is going to be implantable, concealable, and ubiquitous. It's an inevitability. We'd better get used to it now. When you're in public you're probably being recorded.

It's an inevitability.
No it isn't, it's an inevitable decision our society is going to have to deal with some day, but it is not inevitable that the decision will favor the tech. My take is that it's doomed to get squashed as something we as a society would rather live without.

We are all human, all prone to error, and I believe most of us don't want all our errors captured for posterity. I think we need some room to breath.

Seriously, people need to grow up. If someone with a big ass shouldercam and the local TV station name walked in there they'ed all magicly transform into performing seals.:rolleyes:

Seriously, people need to grow up. If someone with a big ass shouldercam and the local TV station name walked in there they'ed all magicly transform into performing seals.:rolleyes:

If it was the news, you'd get the stupidest, most redneck, dirtiest fella in there doing an interview.

I thought this was that she was fucked in the bar and then had her Google Glass stolen.

We are all human, all prone to error, and I believe most of us don't want all our errors captured for posterity. I think we need some room to breath.
So we should ban my parents from existence? They have all my errors cataloged and on speed-dial for rapid retrieval. :p

If I go to a bar, I want to go bitch about my wife, my job, and talk about naked chicks. Don't want to be recorded and played again somewhere else. That's my area of zen. :)
Yup, and especially since pretty soon you'll be able to google a name or picture of someone and have facial recognition software find anyone anywhere the uploaded you, having someone with a camera up in your face is not appreciated in that setting.

Now that the glasshole was given a smack up side the head reminder, hopefully she'll remember common courtesy! ;)

Now that the glasshole was given a smack up side the head reminder, hopefully she'll remember common courtesy

strange that no guns where involved
US land of the free and the home of the brave, where wearing glasses can get you mugged ,beaten and a reminder what common courtesy is

I'm just going to go get a place way the fuck out in the county and cut a tree down astride the road I think.

fucking people

US land of the free and the home of the brave, where wearing glasses can get you mugged ,beaten and a reminder what common courtesy is

You know this ain't even close right?

Let's try again.

US land of the free and the home of the brave, where wearing glasses and being an inconsiderate moron can get you cussed at and the glasses snatched off your face while you enjoy a front row seat at your date's beat down that he received on invitation. And if you are so distracted that you don't see your purse get stolen who can you blame?

You people are scared of your own shadow , gods forbit if someone even looks at you
what if he has a good memory?! all my errors will be unveiled !

So...
She refused to stop recording when asked, got insulted, and the guy she was with threw the first punch.
Sounds about as legit as a Catholic priest claiming a 12 year old boy took advantage of him if you ask me.
You know, just sayin!
She's lucky she didn't get the shit kicked out of her then her GGs and phone broken into millions of itty bitty pieces.

The response wasn't great. But, a punk rock bar. The types of people there really don't give a shit. US - land of the free and home of the brave. Let's go tell a Hells Angel bike gang to go f themselves. Freedom of speech and all that. Oh, you get beat up? America sucks, I guess. I was just enjoying my freedom of speech and these people beat me up. I didn't do anything to instigate it. :rolleyes:

You can piss some people off and they won't do anything. Other people have a much lower tolerance for bullshit. Like in this case. She could get away with it at Starbucks where people are a lot more passive and less aggressive.

Of course, reading about this makes me want to get in a bar fight. Sounds like fun. Drink and drink and drink and fight!

where wearing glasses and being an inconsiderate moron can get you cussed at and the glasses snatched off your face

in short, you are justifying robbery and assault just because someone supposedly filmed someone without asking nicely first ?

alright

You people are scared of your own shadow , gods forbit if someone even looks at you
what if he has a good memory?! all my errors will be unveiled !

You think?
VonGriffin, I am just curious, but have you reached a point in your life where you work for say, Corporate America so to speak? You know, you got a job and pull in say, at least 65K, got a wife and kids, a home, (mortgaged or not), you know, the usually collection of responsibilities and sundry collectables?

So...
She refused to stop recording when asked, got insulted, and the guy she was with threw the first punch.
Sounds about as legit as a Catholic priest claiming a 12 year old boy took advantage of him if you ask me.
You know, just sayin!
She's lucky she didn't get the shit kicked out of her then her GGs and phone broken into millions of itty bitty pieces.

Yea, some guy comes up and rips the glasses of a girl I'm with? I would beat his ass to.

And nowhere does it say she was recording.... Why does everyone assume that people with google glass are recording at all times?

Quote from the article for people too lazy to actually read it before replying:
"But then, the witnesses said some people inside the bar got upset about the possibility of being recorded by the glasses."

in short, you are justifying robbery and assault just because someone supposedly filmed someone without asking nicely first ?

I am not justifying shit and you can fuckin' take your words out of my mouth if you please.

I am telling you what happened according to the article and not that fairyland comprehension you got.

That article says that the extent of here "attack" and "assault" was that some guy snatched her GG off her face. She wasn't punched or beat up or any shit like that. Her GG was returned to her and apparently still working so the snatcher wasn't that abusive. Her purse and cellphone, (in the purse you wana bet), were stolen, nothing says this was anything more then someone there saw an easy mark since she was all involved over her glasses.

So this is the story and what happened, not what I fucking well want to justify. Get it straight.

And nowhere does it say she was recording.... Why does everyone assume that people with google glass are recording at all times?

Quote from the article for people too lazy to actually read it before replying:

She said she later recovered the Google Glass along with video on the device that shows the man who ripped the glasses off her face.

And some people are too stupid to put 2+2 together and get 4.:confused:
Guess our educational system is failing now we're no longer able to read an article in its entirety and understand what its saying without it being spelled out for the simpletons in big bold red letters.

She was recording.

Back