The Priceline of Pot: WikiLeaf

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Alright all of you “medicinal marijuana” prescriptees, a new website has been created to get you the best comparison prices on your prescriptions in the states that legalized the sale of medicinal marijuana.

According to Nelson, the WikiLeaf model is simply taking the cannabis market to its inevitable, consumer-driven conclusion, albeit a little sooner than expected.

This terror cell must be disrupted for the well being of our children.......

The site's a bit Spartan at the moment but this is going to turn into one of those "Why didn't I think of it?" things, isn't it.

So I hear they are charging $80 an eighth in Colorado for legal weed. Odd considering I remember the good stuff being $50 an eighth when I was in high school 12 years ago, and it was/is very illegal here. So much for legalization bringing down prices!

If I were in Colorado I'd grow my own.

So I hear they are charging $80 an eighth in Colorado for legal weed. Odd considering I remember the good stuff being $50 an eighth when I was in high school 12 years ago, and it was/is very illegal here. So much for legalization bringing down prices!

If I were in Colorado I'd grow my own.
Were you paying taxes on that crap 12 years ago?

Were you paying taxes on that crap 12 years ago?

No I suppose not. I also suppose that black market dealers won't lose much if any business due to ridiculous over taxation of the legal product. :rolleyes: What is the point of legalizing and taxing if you don't undercut the illegal market you are trying to destroy? Taxing it to oblivion will just have people going back to their favorite drug dealer, or like I said before, growing their own.

Cannabis prices are criminal everywhere considering the stuff grows perfectly fine on its own. Legal or not, profit margins are at least 100x. Damn politicians, idiot parents, and conformist wussies.

The price will come down, they're still in the process of awarding hundreds of licenses to stores that will compete with each other on this website. It's being taxed 25% so that can come out of the dealers 1000% profit. If you're too cheap to buy that, the government even made it legal for you to grow 6 plants at home. It's really getting tough for potheads to have reasons to complain in these states.

The price will come down, they're still in the process of awarding hundreds of licenses to stores that will compete with each other on this website. It's being taxed 25% so that can come out of the dealers 1000% profit. If you're too cheap to buy that, the government even made it legal for you to grow 6 plants at home. It's really getting tough for potheads to have reasons to complain in these states.

Not entirely true (at least, here in WA...dunno about CO). First, it's taxed 25% at each step of the distribution process, so in the end I think it ends up being taxed like 75% overall or something. Second, it is still completely illegal in WA to grow ANY plants yourself for recreational use.

No I suppose not. I also suppose that black market dealers won't lose much if any business due to ridiculous over taxation of the legal product. :rolleyes: What is the point of legalizing and taxing if you don't undercut the illegal market you are trying to destroy? Taxing it to oblivion will just have people going back to their favorite drug dealer, or like I said before, growing their own.

All it takes is time. Yes, at first there will be slow adoption. But as time moves on and people get used to it...

I mean, how many people do you see going to their moonshine dealer?

Back