Halo 5 Won't Launch in 2014

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We posted the rumor a while back, but now you hear it straight from the Master Chief’s own mouth….. well, at least from the voice actor who plays the Master Chief from the Halo franchise: don’t expect to see anything from Halo 5 until 2015.

There had been some hope that Halo 5 would launch this year, but if the voice behind Master Chief is to be believed, that might not be happening.

We posted the rumor a while back, but now you hear it straight from the Master Chief’s own mouth….. well, at least from the voice actor who plays the Master Chief from the Halo franchise: don’t expect to see anything from Halo 5 until 2015.

Like has as soon as that went public he back peddled and said that he really doesn't know anything but is speculating.

Oh god, these guys are killing me, first its underpowered hardware, then they force you to buy a kinect 2.0 with it, THEN it costs more than $100 than its competition

And now when they're getting KILLED IN PS4 sales? (Sony has sold more than twice the amount of PS4's than XBones)

"Not enough Xbones sold, wait another year till 2015 when we have enough user base to sell Halo to more people"

I dunno what to think about video game companies anymore, they're all regularly shooting themselves in the FEET now

Oh god, these guys are killing me, first its underpowered hardware, then they force you to buy a kinect 2.0 with it, THEN it costs more than $100 than its competition

And now when they're getting KILLED IN PS4 sales? (Sony has sold more than twice the amount of PS4's than XBones)

"Not enough Xbones sold, wait another year till 2015 when we have enough user base to sell Halo to more people"

I dunno what to think about video game companies anymore, they're all regularly shooting themselves in the FEET now

WTF are you going on about. They never said they are waiting till 2015 to have more sells.

Halo 4 has been out a little more than 1 year. it takes time between releases to get them done. You are looking at 1 team making the games. It is going to take them time to get a quality game out.

2 year for a release to get out would be pushing it a little given that they have been work on DLC for the game still till late summer.

Having the game come out in 2015 is fine. Let them work on making as good of a game as they can, not pushing out some shit like people got with BF 4.

They also said 60fps.

I'd like to think the top men saw a chart of active player numbers of Halo 4 over time and were forced to work longer on it.

Halo 4 is horrible and it's not even worth playing. It might as well been a CoD copy at that point.

Halo 5 will be further degradation of that franchise. Stick a fork in it, it's a turd now.

I'd be happy with a H2 re-release on PC and H3 series released on PC.

Halo 4 is horrible and it's not even worth playing. It might as well been a CoD copy at that point.

Halo 5 will be further degradation of that franchise. Stick a fork in it, it's a turd now.

I enjoyed Halo 4 more than the other ones.

Still think Halo 2 was the best at MP though.

I enjoyed Halo 4 more than the other ones.

Still think Halo 2 was the best at MP though.

Can't comment on multiplayer, but the story mode / co-op was very disappointing on Halo 4. The final boss fight was the lamest thing I have ever seen. One button to push to win and it tells you which button and when. The first 2 were stellar on campaign. 3 was also good. ODST wasn't as good.

Can't comment on multiplayer, but the story mode / co-op was very disappointing on Halo 4. The final boss fight was the lamest thing I have ever seen. One button to push to win and it tells you which button and when. The first 2 were stellar on campaign. 3 was also good. ODST wasn't as good.

yeah didn't care for ODST too much. Reach had a good campaign I thought. Agree about Halo 4. Campaign was a little blah, they tried to add to it by making the Spartan Ops series to go with it but still wasn't that good. Hoping that 5 is an improvement.

Never played 2 so can't comment on that.

Which all said, I kind of expected 4 to be a little bit of a let down. Bungie stopped working on the game. You had a new team put together to take over the series. It will take them awhile to make the series their own and figure out what they are doing with it. Now that they have their first game under their belt together hopefully they learned some stuff and can do better this next time.

What grinds my gears are the comments saying crap like "720p is indistinguishable from 1080p" or "30fps is enough, I hate 60fps!"

Just when you thought Microsoft fanboys couldn't get any dumber, they start saying crap like this!

The other side of this story,

This is the first news we have heard of a possible Halo 2 HD remake launching this year. Thats the news which i find more interesting. If that's the case, no wonder halo 5 isn't coming out this year. Though i for one never thought it would. That would be a quick release after Halo 4 IMHO.

The other side of this story,

This is the first news we have heard of a possible Halo 2 HD remake launching this year. Thats the news which i find more interesting. If that's the case, no wonder halo 5 isn't coming out this year. Though i for one never thought it would. That would be a quick release after Halo 4 IMHO.

Actually that came from the other rumor / news (whatever you want to call it at this point) that Halo 5 wasn't coming out in 2014. Although to be honest they said last year at E3 that Halo 5 wasn't the next thing they were working on. They said on twitter since then that Halo 5 wasn't the next game being released. So no idea why the hell everyone keeps thinking Halo 5 is the next game being released. This piece here in this story is just the voice actor restating what he heard as a rumor just like everyone else about Halo 2 Anniversary. Which given that the game came out in 2004, if such a game was being made it would need to come out this year since this is 10 years.

How about we get a Q3 Arena HD remake for the consoles with all the PC arenas and Console arenas as well as the expansion and popular multiplayer modes.. Id pay 60.00 for that on the 360 now lol

Back