Play The Witcher, The Witcher 2 For Free This Weekend

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On Friday, CD Projekt RED announced that The Witcher and The Witcher 2 will be free to play on Steam to all gamers with active Steam accounts. Better hurry, the offer ends on Sunday afternoon.

In addition, if you like what you experience, both games featuring Geralt of Rivia can be purchased at a special discount of 80% off each, valid until the 18th of February.

Ok so i bought both games (witcher 1/witcher 2) and while the Witcher 2 is great I cannot understand the combat system in the Witcher 1 at all. Like its painful to try playing.

Sweet! I've been bumming about BF4's Feb 13th patch making the game unplayable w/ sound loop crashing every 15 mins.

I have a massive backlog tho. Should I just start with Witcher 2? I only want one game.

Did not care for Witcher 1 at all. 2 looks pretty good and at the discounted prices seems like a no-brainer.

Ok so i bought both games (witcher 1/witcher 2) and while the Witcher 2 is great I cannot understand the combat system in the Witcher 1 at all. Like its painful to try playing.

Odd. I've played The Witcher a couple of times, but quit The Witcher 2 after arriving at the first town. 2 looks nice, but the mechanics seemed consolified compared to 1. I'll have to give it another try.

Witcher 1 you tap to attack and left click your mouse on your character as the prompts pop up to chain damage, kind of like a constant QTE.
Its not too bad but I HATE QTEs.
Cant complain too much though, got Witcher 1 at GoG for $1.99 during a sale and Witcher 2 for $3.99 on sale.

Back