Netflix Is Building an Artificial Brain Using Amazon's Cloud

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let's hope this works because, as much as I love Netflix, their online recommendation engine blows ass.

Netflix is now exploring yet another leap forward. In an effort to further hone its recommendation engine, the company is delving into “deep learning,” a branch of artificial intelligence that seeks to solve particularly hard problems using computer systems that mimic the structure and behavior of the human brain.

"How I met your mother" keeps showing up at the top of the list on Netflix but I tried watching it and it sucked. Now it just won't go away.

Who gives a shit about recommendations when your UI and website is ass? How pathetic is it when you have to visit instantwatcher to make real use of Netflix?

I so always had this suspicion that Netflix and Amazon would somehow be the creators of Skynet and that it would have nothing at all to do with a government agency.

Of all the people on earth that should be able to see through this I would have hoped it was you, Steve. Do you know what they call an online brain?

Skynet.

I not fond of Netflix hiding new title releases. You have to go to Redbox or somewhere else to find the latest releases and then search of them by title or they won't show up. That's really lame. Now this is for the mail service. I think that's a shoddy business practice.

Of all the people on earth that should be able to see through this I would have hoped it was you, Steve. Do you know what they call an online brain?

Skynet.

Good. Cause this is the dumbest generation by far and need to be ruled. Hopefully by FEAR. :p

Is it just me who believes "think like human" means the abilities to make mistakes, guess and forget?

homer_braincolor1.jpg

Back