Cooler Master Glacer 240L

HardOCP News

[H] News
Modders Inc. has the Cooler Master Glacer 240L strapped to the test bench today for a little review action.

Swiftech, one of the industry leaders in water cooling for years recently partnered up with Cooler Master to bring the Glacer 240L all in one liquid CPU cooler to market. This is not the typical all in one liquid cooler. The major feature that sets the Cooler Master Glacer 240L apart from the rest of the crowd is the expandability feature.

I am glad that the famed Swiftech H220 is finally available in the US again. Its great that an AIO is using a copper rad instead of aluminum. I'd be interested to note any variations, upgrade or downgrade, compared to the H220. Is the block/pump still some sort of Apogee Drive 2, for instance? I wonder how it stacks up to say, the other high end all in one that CoolerMaster offers, the Eisberg 240L Prestige ($180 on Newegg), which seems to be in partnership with a German liquid cooling company.

At $139 the CM/Swiftech Glacier 240L seems to be a damn good buy in comparison to most of the other AIOs. The only downside seems to be the CoolerMaster fans - I'm guessing some Corsair SP series, Scythe, or Cougar fans will mean better cooling, quieter. I wonder if they will release a version of the Swiftech H320, which would be the first modern AIO to have a full 360mm radiator.

I hope others, like Corsair, follow this path and partner with high end water manufacturers to create quality AIOs that are expandable and made with enthusiast grade no-compromises parts.

This one comes with a faster spinning pump, crappier fans, and is missing the 8-way PWM splitter. It also uses a sata power connector.

Last edited:
So they write that the major feature to set the Glacer 240L apart is expandability and then they don't test this, what's up with that?
Then there is the CPU temp test, no other coolers to compare with.

Hardocp could teach them a thing or two about reviews I think.

Yes, they are coming out with a 360mm rad version, I reviewed it at CES this year. Coming soon!

Back