BitTorrent Users Are Most Active on Sundays

HardOCP News

[H] News
It would seem that Sunday is the most popular day of the week for BitTorrent users. Makes you wonder why Friday isn't more popular, or any other day of the week for that matter.

Statistics from one of the largest BitTorrent trackers on the Internet show that the number of active users varies quite a bit over time. BitTorrent users are most active on Sunday evening, European time, roughly 25% more than on Thursday morning.

Top Gear? Meh. :p

It's because Sundays are when people most likely have free time. And free time is best spent downloading and experimenting with Linux isos, that can easily be obtained through BT.

* by Linux isos: I mean some of the most vile pr0n known to mankind.

Stealing is a "sin" so they go to church to get saved by the fairy tale in the sky Sunday.

Dumb thread, dumb study.

Ask yourself this: Why is the Super Bowl always on Sunday?

Stealing is a "sin" so they go to church to get saved by the fairy tale in the sky Sunday.

I read your post and realized that you almost forgot this:
Motorguide-trolling-motor.jpg

Sunday has all the good shows...

Walking Dead
HomeLand
Scandal
Top Gear

:)

People queuing up for the week!

Well it's obviously because Sunday is the day of the sabbath. Since you're not supposed to do any work on that day you download all sorts of free stuff.

Like others have said, Sunday Prime Time is when all the best stuff is on, so it's also when everyone who pirates it is downloading those shows.

This news doesn't stop ISPs from blaming bittorrent for being the sole cause of network congestion, despite the fact that peak congestion and peak bittorrent don't even come close to lining up

* by Linux isos: I mean some of the most vile pr0n known to mankind.

Maybe I need a different tracker. I'm not finding anything really that bad....

You know what I like about Sunday? No post on Sunday.

No post = more time to torrent.

Do not computers are supposed to work alone, eg. downloading w/o the need of impatient user? :) Looks like more users should run their seeds 24/7 on dedicated machines... :)

Sunday has all the good shows...

Walking Dead
HomeLand
Scandal
Top Gear

:)

People queuing up for the week!

Also, less popular The Mentalist, True blood and True Detective are all Sunday night releases. Dexter was for ages but that's over.

I think a lot of it also probably just people catching up on stuff they missed during the week. A lot of people are busy most of the week, and Saturday is often a "party" or social day for many people.

In addition to all of the other shows people mentioned there is also Formula 1 on Sundays, or NASCAR if the idea of right turns scares you. I know F1 gets around 25-30 million viewers per race on average, and has 20 races a year.

Back