MS Posts 'Walking Dead' Premiere on Xbox Live One Day Early

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
I guess all Microsoft can say at this point is “oops” in response to mistakenly airing the mid-season premier of the Walking Dead a day early. Microsoft should do this more often and the company could list it as a perk to sell more consoles. :D

The episode was pulled by Microsoft shortly after the leak, and it doesn't appear to have made its way to any file-sharing websites or services. According to Deadline, AMC confirmed the leak but declined any further comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,it's not like the last episode was a cliff hanger,we pretty much knew who survived to make it to the mid-season. Personally,I think it's starting to get repetitive,the group finds a home,starts to rebuild and gain some hope for the future,then disaster hits and a few major players get killed and they're on the road again and the whole cycle begins again.

Well,it's not like the last episode was a cliff hanger,we pretty much knew who survived to make it to the mid-season. Personally,I think it's starting to get repetitive,the group finds a home,starts to rebuild and gain some hope for the future,then disaster hits and a few major players get killed and they're on the road again and the whole cycle begins again.

And I thought I was the only one. The concept was great at first, but season 2 started to screw it up. Season 3 started great and was actually pretty decent but it started to do the same thing. Season 4, more of the same.

Yeah, but for a season premiere or finale they get more views of the show. Which I am guessing allows stations to charge more for ads kind of like during the super bowl. Places wouldn't be too happy if they paid extra expecting lets say 30 million people (no idea of their actual normal viewers so just making a guess) to watch and instead 1/3 of them watched it either on xbox or through torrent sites.

That would be like you buying something and paying extra for something special, lets say a game with extra content, and then it turns out that everyone got that special content without paying extra.

And I thought I was the only one. The concept was great at first, but season 2 started to screw it up. Season 3 started great and was actually pretty decent but it started to do the same thing. Season 4, more of the same.

How did you guys expect it to go, really?

I don't know, something more interesting? Nothing happens in between the first and last episode usually. It's just them walking around crying about this and that, they don't even really show any of the raids to get food. It's just a soap opera with zombies. It would have probably been better to keep zombies in movies vs shows.

The problem with this show is that the corporate stooges over at AMC cut the budget after the historically successful 1st season and then got rid of Frank Darabont. You know, the guy that did that one movie that a few people seem to like titled "Shawshank Redemption." In fact, I believe it is the single highest-rated movie on IMDB of all time.

But hey, corporate shills know better, right?

I still absolutely love the show though and it's one of the very few things I'll watch religiously. But it's just not the masterpiece that it originally set out to be.

The world regroups, start to reform a normal population and kill off all zombies.

This. I mean,if you're going to keep viewers interest,there has to to be some hope offered,some positive progression. At times,these people seem to be begging to get eaten. If getting bitten is a death sentence,wouldn't you wear some sort of bite proof armor? Moving into the prison made sense,except they made no effort to improve their defenses,that chain link fence was made to keep individual prisoners in,not hold up to hordes of mindless zombies. You have people living in close quarters,but make no effort to obtain medical supplies in advance in case of an outbreak of some disease,or even guard against the possibility of someone dying and turning in a crowded cell block.

The problem with this show is that the corporate stooges over at AMC cut the budget after the historically successful 1st season and then got rid of Frank Darabont.

Wasn't it Mad Men's fault for taking all the networks money? I believe Breaking Bad suffered from this as well.

Never saw it, but I'm willing to bet it's another ridiculously overrated television show. The last good show was 24, why lie.

I can't believe she gave birth to a zombie baby. Wtf

Wasn't it Mad Men's fault for taking all the networks money? I believe Breaking Bad suffered from this as well.

Kind of, in the sense that AMC didn't know what to do with the unbelievable success they were having with 3 shows at the same time, so they "played it safe" and put the bulk of their eggs in the Mad Men basket. But they had the money to put into all 3 shows, they were just in over their head and got scared. They didn't and they still don't fully realize the potential they have in this show.

Someone at XBox will be losing their job if they haven't already.

I was hoping it would follow the storyline of the comic book and tackle some hard issues. Like in the comic book, they find the prison and inside the prison, one of the three 'inmates' living in the prison is a child pedophile and rapes/kills Carl's "sweetheart" instead of her getting killed by a zombie off camera to be found in a barn of zombies weeks later. Then they have to deal with the issue of capital punishment and/or what is acceptable to do to a man that attacks a child in that way?

There's similar other... very difficult...morally grey areas like Rick Vs Rick's Best Friends and the betrayal of his best friend taking his wife as a lover. Is the old love or new love more important? How much does marriage matter after society falls apart? Is it ok to murder a rival lover in a post apocalyptic world if nobody is the wiser and you get the girl? What would you do if you felt you were really in-love and it was for her/the child's best?

This below is pretty much why...

...after the historically successful 1st season and then got rid of Frank Darabont. You know, the guy that did that one movie that a few people seem to like titled "Shawshank Redemption." ... it's just not the masterpiece that it originally set out to be.

It's a decent show but it's become like a soap opera with very little actual scare, actual gore or anything that zombie fans traditionally love. Even when they were nice and safe in the prison, that was hardly a zombie Apocalypse episode and looked closer to 'ER: African or other impoverished place edition - episode 'Flu comes to Town'.'

The zombies are so slow, so pathetic they really are of absolutely no threat unless you are literately SLEEPING and the zombie bits you in your sleep or you like to walk backwards perhaps. I still have no idea how the zombie apocalypse 'spread'. I almost guarantee you that myself and 5-6 guys that go to my gym with 5 axes and a couple spears could take out 100+ slow moving zombies without them getting in range to do anything with a single overhead swing to the head... Heck, we could take out hundreds of zombies with pointy metal objects. Just give us a chain-link fence to stand behind. There are chain-link fences at every school yard in my city and many businesses.

I have no idea how this infection spread massively/quickly.

I think people need to realize the title 'Walking Dead' which usually refers to someone who is alive at the moment but will die soon, doesn't refers to the 'zombies'.

This below is pretty much why...

It's a decent show but it's become like a soap opera with very little actual scare, actual gore or anything that zombie fans traditionally love. Even when they were nice and safe in the prison, that was hardly a zombie Apocalypse episode and looked closer to 'ER: African or other impoverished place edition - episode 'Flu comes to Town'.'

The zombies are so slow, so pathetic they really are of absolutely no threat unless you are literately SLEEPING and the zombie bits you in your sleep or you like to walk backwards perhaps. I still have no idea how the zombie apocalypse 'spread'. I almost guarantee you that myself and 5-6 guys that go to my gym with 5 axes and a couple spears could take out 100+ slow moving zombies without them getting in range to do anything with a single overhead swing to the head... Heck, we could take out hundreds of zombies with pointy metal objects. Just give us a chain-link fence to stand behind. There are chain-link fences at every school yard in my city and many businesses.

I have no idea how this infection spread massively/quickly.

you can get over powered by a large swarm even if moving slow. Rooster Teeth did that a few years ago where they gave two guys nerf guns and had them flight off a horde of 100 zombies. they didn't get very many kills before they were over powered. When it first starts you would be caught off guard, not knowing what is going on and the first large outbreaks would start to occur before people realized what was happening. However with all the shows and movies now, if there was a slow zombie outbreak people would know how to battle them. however in movies / series people have never heard of zombies before and don't know what they are. So they are really caught off guard when it happens and it takes them awhile to learn.

you can get over powered by a large swarm even if moving slow. Rooster Teeth did that a few years ago where they gave two guys nerf guns and had them flight off a horde of 100 zombies. they didn't get very many kills before they were over powered. When it first starts you would be caught off guard, not knowing what is going on and the first large outbreaks would start to occur before people realized what was happening. However with all the shows and movies now, if there was a slow zombie outbreak people would know how to battle them. however in movies / series people have never heard of zombies before and don't know what they are. So they are really caught off guard when it happens and it takes them awhile to learn.

Yes, except in the walking dead universe even an eight year old boy can fight off countless zombies. With that 100 zombie thing, did the zombies slowly circle the guys and the two guys stay still while they literately walked around them in a circle? That's the only way I could see zombies actually surrounding someone. In TWD universe though, they walk in a straight line towards you... unless you create some kind of imaginary scenario in which there is a 360 degree wall of zombies that's slowly closing in the circle. In which case, I'd still wonder if you wouldn't be able to concentrate fire on a small portion of the circumference, open a whole and then just slowly, *carefully* walk backwards stabbing their heads with a spear-like object one at a time and/or walk forwards to the nearest chain link fence, climb over it and stab them to death one at a time from the other side.

Yes, except in the walking dead universe even an eight year old boy can fight off countless zombies. With that 100 zombie thing, did the zombies slowly circle the guys and the two guys stay still while they literately walked around them in a circle? That's the only way I could see zombies actually surrounding someone. In TWD universe though, they walk in a straight line towards you... unless you create some kind of imaginary scenario in which there is a 360 degree wall of zombies that's slowly closing in the circle. In which case, I'd still wonder if you wouldn't be able to concentrate fire on a small portion of the circumference, open a whole and then just slowly, *carefully* walk backwards stabbing their heads with a spear-like object one at a time and/or walk forwards to the nearest chain link fence, climb over it and stab them to death one at a time from the other side.

they did stand still at a pile of guns. Guess it was 400 not 100.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3349&v=more

of course this wasn't a perfect "experiment" but not too bad none the less

they did stand still at a pile of guns. Guess it was 400 not 100.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=3349&v=more

of course this wasn't a perfect "experiment" but not too bad none the less

Wasn't terrible. Funny and worth-watching. I don't think 2 M-60 with a combined 3000 rounds would both jam on the 3rd to 4th shot. Nor would you need to run straight up to them....and... they had a building behind them with windows. Realistically, in the event of the 'loss-scenario', you close/lock the door with your M-60 inside with you with a box or two of ammo. Break the glass windows with a blunt object at a distance so you don't get cut. Mount the weapon and start firing. As long as you are firing your 3,000 rounds and two M60s mounted close to side by side on the window ledge/seal, you don't have to worry too much about the slow walking zombies walking climbing into the window as they'd need to walk in front of those guns ;) (but nonetheless -- they seem to have no strength necessary to climb or propel their upper body upwards)

I'm sure some gun enthusiasts on this site would probably be willing to back me up that an M-60's production quality is generally pretty good and unlike a cheap plastic nerf toy would not jam after 3 rounds. In addition, each zombie you kill, wouldn't cause the zombie to walk off to the left to conveniently no longer be an obstacle. They'd fall down and block the path of subsequent zombies and/or cause them to trip.

Back