Russia Just Outlawed Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This week, while the majority of Russia is busy watching the Winter Olympics, the staff of Russia’s Prosecutor General Office celebrated the games by outlawing Bitcoin and other virtual currencies.

It will be interesting to see how the Russian government enforces this law, and how other countries around the globe respond to the growth and proliferation of cryptocurrencies.

After some reading they didn't ban it.

The news reported a ban after the translation was wrong

What they really said was to be careful on how you use it.(or something like that)

Seems the media likes to create panic, prolly so they can buy in at a lower price.

If you watch BTC-e still has Russia rub on its site to.

Everything about Russia seems to be blown out of context recently :(

lol, like that kleptocracy could enforce it.

As soon as they figure out how to get their hands in the pot ... they will welcome it with open arms !

they'll just ban it for the regular joe and keep farming it them self in the kremlin

They did not ban it, or any other crypto for that matter.

News should be accurate. It's for that reason that I stopped watching TV years ago. Please be a bit more sensible.

They'll have no trouble enforcing that law. Didn't they just outlaw being gay? I'm sure that's working out fine too.

Don't think it'd be bad thing to put an end to bitcoin.
It's bad enough our actual currency is no longer backed by anything substantial.

They did not ban it, or any other crypto for that matter.

News should be accurate. It's for that reason that I stopped watching TV years ago. Please be a bit more sensible.

Yeah, they stopped caring about being accurate and started to care only about rating years ago. Summer of the shark, watch out stay out of the water, deadly sharks are everywhere... wait, shark attacks are at their lowest point in 15 years? shhh don't tell people those numbers, we want to use ours instead. SHARK ATTACKS AT ALL TIME HIGH. :rolleyes:

When it comes to Russia right now I really wouldn't expect that right now. All the news outlets are all on a fuck Russia kick. just like the story about how if you go to Russia, the moment you enter Sochi you will instantly be hacked and all your info will be stolen. This was the result because some guy that was in a different part of Russia went to a fake Olympics site, installed the malware it asked him to install, and then got computer viruses. you don't have to be in Russia for that, and the reporter wasn't even near Sochi. But that didn't stop the news from running with that story.

Yeah, they stopped caring about being accurate and started to care only about rating years ago. Summer of the shark, watch out stay out of the water, deadly sharks are everywhere... wait, shark attacks are at their lowest point in 15 years? shhh don't tell people those numbers, we want to use ours instead. SHARK ATTACKS AT ALL TIME HIGH. :rolleyes:

When it comes to Russia right now I really wouldn't expect that right now. All the news outlets are all on a fuck Russia kick. just like the story about how if you go to Russia, the moment you enter Sochi you will instantly be hacked and all your info will be stolen. This was the result because some guy that was in a different part of Russia went to a fake Olympics site, installed the malware it asked him to install, and then got computer viruses. you don't have to be in Russia for that, and the reporter wasn't even near Sochi. But that didn't stop the news from running with that story.

The simple reason why the media is on a "Russia is evil" bandwagon right now is because of the geopolitical tension in Ukraine, Syria, and etc. Since the news media are nothing more than a government propaganda outlet nowadays, it's to be expected.
Not saying that Russia is better, but we have fallen to the their level.

Don't think it'd be bad thing to put an end to bitcoin.
It's bad enough our actual currency is no longer backed by anything substantial.

I don't get your logic here. Your actual currency is backed by a substantial global banking elite, who have great interests in ensuring that it is the only form of currency that is allowed. Every dollar put into circulation is loaned money, with interest payable to the loaner, ensuring permanent debt and inflation.
The opposite of this is digital currency. But you don't think it would be a bad thing to put an end to it. Well good for you. :rolleyes:

I don't get your logic here. Your actual currency is backed by a substantial global banking elite, who have great interests in ensuring that it is the only form of currency that is allowed. Every dollar put into circulation is loaned money, with interest payable to the loaner, ensuring permanent debt and inflation.
The opposite of this is digital currency. But you don't think it would be a bad thing to put an end to it. Well good for you. :rolleyes:

Quoted for truth. How retarded is it that we put ourselves into debt to someone to create our currency? Full retard. Something like that can't last for a long time.

Yea that is some sad stuff with the gold coin.
I stack silver and I recently got into cryptocurrency. It is amazing how incredibly similar the two communities are, but how different the demographic is. Silver stackers generally don't like digital currency because it is not a tangible asset like metals are; and the crypto scene is more about quick transactions and the technical aspect. The thing that brings us all together is our hate of banker controlled fiat currency.
If only we could get every cryptocurrency user to buy one ounce of silver and every silver stacker to buy 14k doge or whatever... talk about to da moon...

Back