Will my cpu bottleneck with gtx 760 ?

ScarHBA

n00b
hey guys, i would just like to know if the gtx 760 would bottleneck with my i5 4440 3.3ghz cpu ?

CPU bottlenecks are overrated, you have plenty of power with that CPU of yours.

This. I noticed little difference going from a Q9550/GTX 660 > i7 3930K/GTX 660. Then again I don't do some completely insane settings just to say I can and take unnecessary performance hits in the first place.

Any I5 of 2nd gen and newer is not going to be a bottleneck in just about any gaming PC.

CPU bottlenecks are not overrated at all, if you get real truth. Just try playing BF4 with an AMD dual core, it's not gonna happen. My 4670k at 4ghz gets 55-70% cpu usage playing BF4. No dual core is going to play that game well. And older Phenom II quads and even hex cores are going to bottleneck any decent GPU.
Also, an older game, but pretty CPU intensive, black ops 1 needs a decent CPU to play that game. Though it doesn't require much graphical power, if you have a weak CPU you're going to have bad FPS.

Task Manager doesn't show the true usage of CPU's, it may show 70% of usage, but may be there is a part of the CPU running at 100% which doesn't allow fully utilization of everything else. While Dual core processors aren't gonna work anymore in games, multicore processor does, and even a Q6600 will work just fine with any decent GPU as far as you don't go extreme with SLI/CF. There will be some bottlenecking with an HD 7870? Yes!, will it make a difference in playability? Little to none.

I don't think my i5-750 @ 3.8GHz would bottleneck my GTX 760 that I got Nov '13 for $200.

Bottlenecks depend on the game, I got a 760 GTX and a Q9450 Core2quad at 3.2ghz. Some games are CPU bound, some are GPU bound. You wont get much better performance with a more powerful CPU, because there aren't many that will out perform an i5 in games. That doesn't mean some poorly optimized game wont hit CPU bottlenecks, it just means everyone will hit those bottlenecks in that game.

I think the video card is the biggest bottleneck these days, your CPU should be fine. I played bf3 on a 560ti so a 760 will be fine for bf4.

BF3 is more GPU intensive, BF4 is more CPU intensive. I played BF4 fine with a 7850 getting 60-90 FPS, but like I said CPU usage was 60+ percent with a 4670k at 4ghz.

even a Q6600 will work just fine with any decent GPU as far as you don't go extreme with SLI/CF. There will be some bottlenecking with an HD 7870? Yes!, will it make a difference in playability? Little to none.

Not really true. Check this link-

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120-3.html

A Q6600 would perform around the same as the Athlon II 645 in that bench. His I5 4th gen at 3.3ghz is going to perform closer to that 2500k at 4ghz. Both quad cores, 26 VS 51 FPS, guess which one is going to be smooth play ;) Even the Phenom II 955, which is going to game similar to a Q9450, only gets 31 FPS.

The age of ''any quad core is fine for gaming'' is done. For the majority of games, yeah they are still fine, but certain games need strong CPU power.

Oblivion is one of the worst case scenarios for a CPU, it only uses one core and hence, IPC will matter more, specially for DX9 games like this one. Today most games will use at least two cores.

Back