Flappy Bird Dev Inflating Numbers With Bots?

HardOCP News

[H] News
This guy thinks there something fishy going on with Flappy Birds. What do you think?

When you release games in MAY (Shuriken Block) and JUNE (Flappy Birds) that have a non-existent launch, then magically lift off 6 months later, it looks weird. Especially when your other games coincidentally all do so at the exact same time as well.

Considering everybody and their mother plays this game, probably not. Maybe the initial surge to get it popular, but a lot of people actually play this game.

Considering everybody and their mother plays this game, probably not. Maybe the initial surge to get it popular, but a lot of people actually play this game.

Agree'd, maybe to give it the initial boost I could see them using bots. Once there though I'm sure it took off on it's own. I don't download many apps, but my wife primarily just watches for the top free apps and gives them a try, which I would think is what a lot of people do.

I played the game, and I don't see how it is addicting. Deleted after few rounds. I think I'd stay with games that take a lil bit more thinking.

Dumbest article ever. In google play it shows "users also installed" and "More by this publisher" so if his one app gets popular the others will be popular at the exact same time. I assume the apple store is setup the exact same way.

I think you are right. My girlfriend who is on her phone 20 hours a day asked me the other day what this "flappy birds" was and that it just recently took off.

Given the simplicity of this game, I also believe it will have a short shelf life.

I think you are right. My girlfriend who is on her phone 20 hours a day asked me the other day what this "flappy birds" was and that it just recently took off.

Given the simplicity of this game, I also believe it will have a short shelf life.

If it's making the creator $50k a day, the shelf life is irrelevant.

I don't even know what the fuck Flappy Bird is

Is it some sort of sex position?

You might say there is.....fowl play.
download_zps5507349c.jpg~original

download1_zps67c73d85.jpg~original

Back