Fractal Design Arc XL

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Fractal Design Arc XL case is strapped to the test bench today at Guru3D for a little review action. Overall, this is a very positive review.

This all black and white chassis comes with plenty of cooling options, great design and aesthetics and is so big that it will even house the biggest motherboards. This product is made with airflow and liquid cooling in mind to serve the more performance oriented PCs. You'll be excited about storage, style, USB 3.0 options and an even integrated three-speed fan controller.

Think maybe I should start up a computer case company. No one is building the case I want. This is too big, too spartan and too traditional with the ugly O/D cage at the top (they have to use a small window to hide the entire front of the viewable area).

Looks okay, although I don't think it's going to do as great of a job at keeping dust out , or sound in, like it's predecessors.

Looks okay, although I don't think it's going to do as great of a job at keeping dust out , or sound in, like it's predecessors.

I can guarantee you that the dust filters on the Arc XL are amazing. My old Bitfenix Ghost case caught most of my dust, but a lot kept getting in, I switched to the Arc XL in December and there is little to no dust in my case, I cleaned the front filter last week and it definitely caught a lot. It however, doesn't block all of the noise, but this is a Arc case, not a Define.

I highly recommend any Fractal Design case, mainly because of the clean aesthetic and dust filters.

Like Echondo said, the dust filtering is great. So far the best dust solution I have found in a computer case. If you dont mind big, the ARC XL is a great case. It is also very quiet and easy cable management.

Back