GTA V Has Sold Over 32.5M Copies

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Take-Two's 3Q earnings report, over 32.5 million copies of GTA V have been sold to date. Wouldn't it be nice if Rockstar was actually using some of that money to get us a PC version soon? ;)

“Take-Two’s business continued to outperform expectations significantly during the fiscal third quarter,” said Strauss Zelnick, Chairman and CEO of Take-Two. “Our results were driven by robust holiday demand for Grand Theft Auto V, the franchise record-breaking launch of NBA 2K14, the successful release of WWE 2K14, and strong growth in digitally-delivered revenues led by Grand Theft Auto Online. Take-Two was the top video game publisher of 2013, according to the NPD Group, underscoring our positive momentum over the past year.

They probably are. Lord knows they're not spending time fixing any of the issues in GTA Online, adding new content, holding events, teasing DLC, or doing anything else to make me think this game won't be dead in six months.

They probably are. Lord knows they're not spending time fixing any of the issues in GTA Online, adding new content, holding events, teasing DLC, or doing anything else to make me think this game won't be dead in six months.

It isn't already? I was bored with it back in Oct.

Cool, I heard the last Justin Bieber album sold a lot too.

I actually still quite enjoy it, but that's because I have friends who do the same. It has a ton of potential, and it's being wasted.

What he said ^. They STILL haven't release Heists which is a major MP piece that they advertised for the game. Good for them. But I will never buy another GTA game. I got 400hrs in the MP and people still play it but it's nothing but a giant beta for GTAVI when they maybe get it right.SP was dope as fuck though.

I actually still quite enjoy it, but that's because I have friends who do the same. It has a ton of potential, and it's being wasted.

I could agree with that. It's just a shame the PC version hasn't hit sooner. I'm not the type that will purchase the same title cross platforms. I got my time in with it. ;)

If they release PC and next gen versions then I could see them hitting the 40 million mark by the end of the year.

So they can get that up to 33m copies?

Well if they release it months after the initial console only launch once all the hype has died down and no one gives a crap about it anymore, sure.

Now if they had launched the PC version at the same time, they probably would have sold quite a bit.

Of course looking at the state of GTA online... the heists aren't in it(biggest draw, shame it's not there months later) and the only thing anyone seems to do in videos is goof around with one of a million random physics/collision glitches.

Still no Cops and Robbers??
Turf Wars? Why did they not bring the best things out of 4 over!? It's all I wanted really.... I don't even want the PC ver. anymore...

Now imagine how many PC sales would have gone up if the game came out on PC first before consoles.

This is why PC sales are going down games are comming out on consoles now before PC.

Now imagine how many PC sales would have gone up if the game came out on PC first before consoles.

This is why PC sales are going down games are comming out on consoles now before PC.

People wouldn't have bought it on day one but instead would have just waited for a steam sale to get it for $5

they get more releasing it on the consoles

What annoys me the most about Rockstar and the GTA series is that it was started on PC. Don't forget your roots!

The thing I find hilarious is that a day or two after this launched, and online mode was there, i Posted on the IGN review of it saying how this was frankly just another severely overrated title, that online play was never going to pan out, and it would die off in only a matter of months.

I got close to 200 downvotes, and now if you look at boards not only here, but on ign you see post after post of how this game didnt live up to anyones expectations.

The only and i mean ONLY reason it sold so well is marketing, and word of mouth on promises they never met

Back