Facebook to Celebrate Its 10th Birthday on Tuesday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Has it really been only ten years since Facebook was created? It seems like much, much longer. :p Facebook is getting ready to throw itself a 10 year birthday bash on Tuesday celebrating one of the biggest innovations ever to hit the Internet. Going from a dorm room startup at Harvard to covering 1.2 Billion people all over the globe in ten years is quite a feat.

The company hasn't said yet how it plans to celebrate the anniversary, except that it will talk about how it has "changed the world" in the past 10 years, and what the next decade might hold in store.

And I like it less today than I did ten years ago however it is a good tool to keep tabs on my young daughter. I feel that facebook has helped facilitate the dumbing down of mankind.

...it is a good tool to keep tabs on my young daughter.

This is pretty much why no one in their right mind with parents would ever even get on Facebook now. Being smart means having some other way to keep the parentals from watching you while either not using Facebook or keeping a "safe" looking fake Facebook presence just so you can play Candy Crush.

Back