Recommend my next case

Siriso

Limp Gawd
Planning my next build and I'm getting away from the monstrous cases I've always used.
The main requirements are:
ATX or mATX board
Full size ATX PSU
Space for a full size graphics card
at least 1x 3.5", 1x2.5", and 1x 5.25"
Motherboard must mount horizontally.

I'm open to any advice or recommendations if you guys have experience with these cases. I'll be keeping my wc setup so I don't need room for a big HSF. I'll modify as needed to make it work but the main problem is finding a case I like that has the MB mount horizontally.

I browsed quite a few cases but the best one I've found so far is the Coolermaster HAF XB

What is your budget, and how many of what size radiator are we talking?

I have 120, 240, and 360 size rads available but I expect I'll be mounting whatever I use outside the case, which isn't a problem. I'm hoping to just use the 360, but I can use any combination of the 3. Budget is right around $200, anything more than that is going to be a tough sell for the size of case I'm looking for.

The caselabs cases are nice but the S8 is a little bigger than I want and I don't see the value in the $200 difference between the S5 and the Xb.

I thought you were looking for a case, not asking to be limited to one based on price. Get the Xb then.

Actually I would get a Corsair 540 Air and rest that on it side before I get the Xb.

Last edited:
I don't really want the Xb, I think it looks ridiculous, That's why I made the post. I was hoping people here would point me toward some I had missed when I was looking around. You did that, I hadn't even looked at the caselabs stuff.

I've been tinkering with the options on the S5 and I'm glad I didn't just dismiss it after glancing. I'm going to shop more before I decide, though.

I don't really want the Xb, I think it looks ridiculous, That's why I made the post. I was hoping people here would point me toward some I had missed when I was looking around. You did that, I hadn't even looked at the caselabs stuff.

I've been tinkering with the options on the S5 and I'm glad I didn't just dismiss it after glancing. I'm going to shop more before I decide, though.

Check out this thread:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1396556/...bs-mercury-s5-matx-case/1040_40#post_21706439

If you don't what to buy another case for a few years, it's your best choice.
It can be upgraded over time, no other case on the market can do that.

Corsair 900D

DigitalCavemansNewSystemBuild2014.jpg

Back